ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 7

~Luca~

"..Not just the ones in Nevada Luke! All four of our packing warehouses in California are on fire too. All of our men who came with us are on their way. The workers are trying their best to remove the stock that isn't burnt or damaged. The fire force is taking their sweet fucking time and I'm pretty sure they are stalled somewhere!" Peter yelled through the other line while here I am gritting my teeth and clenching my fists I think that I'll break my phone up. What a perfect morning. When I woke up to the phone ringing relentlessly, I knew my visit to California had got the expected ramifications that I was trying hard to avoid.

"Did you call for backup from New York?" I seethed through the phone running my fingers through my hair before taking out the black shirt from my walk-in closet to get ready to head out to ravage whoever did this.

"Yes Luke, but they'll take at least five hours, buddy. Should I call the Gambinos or Martinos for help?" He panted out. It was clear he was working along with our men in one of the sites with Vince and Paulie at another warehouse in Sacramento.

"No Pete. We can handle it. It's just a fucking set-up to get to me." I told him with the phone held in between my left shoulder and my ear as I rolled back my sleeves on both of my arms in a hurry to leave as fast as I can.

"Yes but this set-up will cost us millions, Luke. Our goods are burning." Peter said in an incredulous tone that he can't believe I don't care about that much money. That's right, I don't. It won't put a huge dent in our income. We can always win the amount we lost in the business back.

"We can handle it, Pete. I'm on my way." I repeated after grabbing my semi-automatic Mk47 Mutant and two Automag V from the mini armoury I had in my penthouse and putting one of the guns in my belt holster, tucking the other inside the waistband of my black jeans and strapping the rifle and carrying it on the shoulder.

"Are you fucking serious?" He yelled at me again

"Are you fucking serious?" He yelled at me again. I was getting series of calls from many of my men and one from my dad but I can't take any at the moment to give them any instructions because this idiot is hogging me up. "Put your ass back in the penthouse Luke, whoever this is, wants you out and alone with none of the men with you. We can't afford to get you killed because of your stupidity. Vito will fucking kill us for it!" He yelled again stopping whatever he's doing right now.

"Do you think I'm fucking around Pete? Of course, they want me alone and I'm going to give them just what they want. Are you daft enough to think that I need ten men with me to protect myself? I'm gonna finish whatever this is by myself while you stay right where you are and help our people. Do you understand?" I commanded leaving no room for further disagreements. He knows better than to stop me when I've already made my decision to do something.

I entered the private lift and went down towards the private garage. When I didn't hear any response from him, I continued but now kept my tone non-bossy. "I know we're not home, brother. And I know this is not a joke to play around with. I promise I'll take care to be safe." They're worried for me and sure they should be because hundreds of people want me dead and thousands or even more of them will get paid to do just that.