20. See Through Me

Heroic Warrior and Infinity is finally on its 1st year anniversary as a fanfic!!!

I simultaneously published those two at nov. 1 (I remember the date because I was sitting on my grandpa's tomb when I pressed publish) out of boredom.

Now, look at us!

Yaaaay!

Happy Halloween!!!

.

Y/n watched quietly, not really knowing if it was necessary or not, but Eren had turned into a titan and beat the shit out of its enemy in a matter of minute.

The grotesque appearance of the defeated titan began to evaporate while Y/n remained still in front of the evacuees behind her. She wanted to approach Eren and praise him a good job but hesitated so she remained standing.

A few minutes later, Eren also got out of his titan shell, as expected, it seemed that his gear was gone as well as his cape and shoes.

He got down from his fallen titan while Y/n was quick to approach him to give her cloak. Eren didn't say anything but accepted it before turning around. When Y/n was about to follow him, she was stopped by a hero in discussion of the current events.

Since Japan didn't exactly have 'walls' to divide them away from titans, and titans didn't exactly have any specified time or any trademark when one is about to turn into a man eating giant, no one knew how they could plan the evacuation that caused a lot of panic.

Y/n listened quietly to the hero's complain but did not know any other way but to train and produce more soldiers for titan slaying and station them in crowded areas to ensure that the casualty control would be lower than now.

So that being said, Y/n quietly left after hearing out the heroes. She didn't unnecessarily told them any plan for evacuation for now so she decided that she'll speak with her brother and the others about it.

Walking into the car that was waiting for them prepared to be sent back to UA to reunite with others, Y/n entered the back seat and saw Eren already in there, legs and arms crossed with a solemn look.

She sat beside him and the engine began trailing through the traffic. Y/n and Eren were both looking out on opposite windows quietly.

"I heard you're a Reiss." Eren suddenly spoke.

Y/n twitched and turned to his direction, meeting deep green eyes. She sighed and looked away. "I am." She replied.

Eren remembered that Rod and Historia were able to draw out memories from the past just by touching each other. Most recently was when he was about to pledge to the queen by kissing her hand had he saw another set of memories contained by a certain woman.

If Y/n had the same blood running through her veins, then wouldn't that mean that he'll be able to see her memories?

Eren thoughtfully glanced at the young girl beside him and couldn't help but picture the possibility to find out what actually happened that day when she decided to betray them.

He crumpled his fist tight. He didn't want to see it, but he wanted to know the truth. If Y/n did this unwillingly willing, then what had pushed her?

But then again, Eren realized the hurtful words he told her when he ended things with her. He couldn't just blatantly tell her to 'give her hand' so he can see the memories.

Before he could even give up on that, Eren, who sat beside her, did not realize the vehicle's sudden turn and he followed through its sudden drift and bump. The gods(yes, the author) answered his silent plea and flew over to Y/n's side falling right on top of her mercilessly.