19

"I guess next time I should carry the princess after all?"

'If you're tying to die, Felix, don't bring me down with you!'

Hearing Ardy snicker beside her, she scowled, trying (and failing) to kick his foot under the table, she resorted to glaring at her twin instead. Huffing quietly, she picked up her cup of cold milk— exactly what she needed after the stressful event she just encountered.

"Perhaps she needs to learn how to handle her own body"

Blinking, she glanced up. 'Me?'

Meeting Claude's gaze, her eyes trailed to the red mark still visible on the man's cheek. "She brandishes her hand so carelessly just trying to catch a bug," she wanted to crawl into a hole and never come back out, "maybe she should learn how to avoid such mistakes in the future."

Feeling the need to sink in herself, she tried to hide her face by sipping her milk. 'He never lets anything go...' she inwardly sighed in a mixture of tired exasperation.

"Not to mention how weak that hit was. How will she do anything in the future? At this rate, the bug will end up catching the person instead."

Was he complimenting her or insulting her?? She scowled behind the confines of her glass, 'What is this? Sarcasm?'

Another snort came from her brother. But as her gaze snapped to him, he was already eating a piece of lemon square, face beholding a lazy and bored exposition. Her eyes narrowed.

"Yes, however, the princess is only seven—" Felix tried to explain

"Not to mention, you're useless if all you're ever doing as her guard is carrying her around"

'Poor Felix' she thought as she could visibly see how the man was struck by a bolt of strong lightning. 'Besides, what's he supposed to do when the palace is so peaceful...'

Inhaling in the fresh air, her lips etched to a frown as she felt the echo of the pain that had been bothering her since morning. 'But this time it's weird,' her brown furrowed as her little hand lifted to press against her chest, feeling the erratic beating, her lips pursed in worried thought. 'It feels faster than usual—'

Her eyes met her brother's worried gaze. She saw him opening his mouth, and Athy tried to stop him by reminding him other promise. But before she could do anything, her throat itched and before she knew it, a cough escaped her lips.

"Guh"

Splatter.

Her hand flew to her mouth in reflex. Feeling something uncomfortably warm and wet, she moved her hands away from her lips. Looking down, she blinked.

'Huh?'

Hearing a clattering silverware, her eyes shot up to her twin and then her father. Seeing their identical surprised faces, she wanted to ask them what was wrong. Her mind chose that moment to recognize the fluid that had splattered on her hands and across her dress.

'...Blood?'

Blood?'