chapter 50: twisted bonnie and clyde

laying in bed luciano runs his fingers through my wet hair. i trace the tattoos on his chest with my fingers "try" luciano hums "try and get some rest" i look up at him

luciano sighs "niki i can't" he takes his hand away from my hair "it doesn't hurt to try" i rub my fingers along his chest "please niki i-" i place a finger over his mouth "nope. you're gonna try" i take my finger away "niki"

i look at him. "fine" i smile and kiss him on the cheek. "it's almost 2am. goodnight luciano" he sighs "goodnight niki" i lean over to luciano's lamp and turn it off.

I roll back over and my body meets his. luciano's hands that travel up his oversized t-shirt and his hands rest on my back. my hands go to his hair and i gently run my fingers through.

Luciano's room is darker than usual with his blinds closed. We lay in eachothers arms and I feel his breathing relax. good he's asleep.

I continue to play with his hair until I fall asleep.

...

We all sit at the dining room table. We finished eating 15 minutes ago but we just sit in silence "so are we gonna make our way downstairs or are we going to avoid it" i look around at everyone.

Luciano takes a deep breath "she's right." Luciano looks at dad "let's go" he pushes out his seat and we all stand and Luciano leads the way by walking down the hall. Hazel grabs my hand as we walk down the steps to the basement.

Luciano rips open the first door when we make it downstairs. geez i take a deep breath and set myself into a darker part of me. I channel all the rage I've ever felt,things that hurt me,people that have hurt me,words that have hurt me. all of it.

walking in both men are chained to chairs with their jeans from last night but nothing else. Luciano looks at dad, "Which one stabbed her?" dad waits a moment "brooks told me it's chris,probably why he had her ring"

Luciano nods and walks up to Chris punching him in the face,no hesitation. hot. niki not the time. Chris is jolted awake and he freaks out looking around the room. The rest of us stay in the dark just observing.

"what the fuck!" Chris looks down at his body and then to his right and sees Alex knocked out. his eyes widen even more.

"alex!" chris calls out and luciano slaps a hand over his mouth "sh sh sh. calm down your fine, for right now. I just have a couple questions before i get started" luciano baby talks him.

luciano pulls his hand away "i was with that blonde girl. who the fuck are you?" chris's breathing is heavy. "I'll talk about that in a second, let me wake up your brother" Luciano walks over and tilts Alex's head back bashing his fist into his nose.

"what's wrong with you" chris pushes against his chains alex jolts awake as well "what the fuck man" alex goes to touch his nose but relizes he's in chains. Alex looks down and pauses before slowly looking back up.

"What do you want?" Alex's nose starts to bleed "money? we got money. we'll get it all to you but let us go." Luciano folds his arms and laughs a little bit ''Alex I don't want money. i want you to have a slow and painful death"

Alex looks over at Chris and then back at Luciano "where's that psycho bitch from last night? the one that injected me with that shit" luciano turns his head slightly and holds his hand out.

I walk forward,stepping into the light and taking Luciano's hand. Luciano pulls me into him and his hand rests on my hip. "What are you guys, twisted bonnie and clyde?" Chris scoffs.

"Worse" dad speaks from behind us causing Chris and Alex to look confused. I hear everyone step forward and both men's faces go pale. "What is this!" Alex yells and Luciano steps forward "speak when spoken too" Luciano hits him again.