024 | knock, knock, knock. "lando." [ x3 ]

Saturday 19th June, 2021

𝐎𝐔𝐓𝐅𝐈𝐓

[ 𝙳 𝚊 𝚗 𝚒 𝚎 𝚕 𝚕 𝚊 ]

"How are you enjoying your first race as a McLaren team member?" A voice said from behind me, making me jump a little. I looked up from my camera and saw Ethan.

"Ethan, hi." I turned my camera off. "It's going great." I nodded, truthfully. "I'm really enjoying it."

"Well that's good to hear. I haven't seen you around much." He noted, hands shoved into his pockets. Although he was being friendly and had approached me, I got the sense he was a nervous person and awkward, but chatty and popular among his colleagues. 

"Yeah I've been with Lando, taking photos." I held the camera up.

"Already close buds with the number one driver," he chuckled. 

"Shut up," I rolled my eyes, scoffing. 

"Is that a blush I see?" He teased.

"You don't want to be on my revenge list." I warned him. 

"Revenge? For a tiny comment?" He laughed. I just turned to give him a serious look. "Okay, noted. Avoid the revenge list." He realised.

"What a great decision. So smart." I ruffled his hair before walking away. "And I'm on my way to take photos of Daniel, FYI." 

During Qualifying, Yuki caused a red flag by crashing into the barriers, momentarily stopping the session. The countdown for the final ten minutes resumed as the green flag went up, with the drivers trying to get the fastest lap in with the time they had left. I got some pictures on my camera of the McLaren's driving past were I was located by the side of the race track near the Grid, behind the fence. Another red flag went up as Mick Schumacher also crashed into the barriers. Because there was barely any time left in Q1 the session came to a halt, completely stopping and ending the remaining minutes. The last five, and therefore the drivers out of the next qualifying session were:

16  6 Latifi  1:33.062  7
17  7 Räikkönen  1:33.354  7
18  9 Mazepin  1:33.554  7
NC 18 Stroll  2:12.584  7
RT 22 Tsunoda  DNF  2

And Q2 saw the following out of Q3:

11  31 Ocon 1:32.139   1:31.736  10
12  5   Vettel 1:32.132   1:31.767  12
13  99 Giovinazzi 1:32.722   1:31.813  13
14  63 Russell 1:33.060     1:32.065  13
15  47 Schumacher 1:32.942  7

And then in Q3 Lando finished P8 while Daniel finished P10. Verstappen was on pole for tomorrow and Hamilton would be starting just behind on the first row with his team mate in P3 and Sergio P4. Myself and Max had become quite good friends ever since Monaco. We often messaged each other and although I now worked for McLaren and Lando had somehow declared me as part of the Papaya army, I still wanted to see Max win the Championship at the end of the year. I have also met his girlfriend, Kelly, this weekend. Let me tell you this... she's stunning. Literally. Like... how? I know I'm pretty, but wow she's like the definition of gorgeous. Lovely too and her daughter's just adorable. You wouldn't think she's thirty two. You also wouldn't think she had birthed a child but she has, and she looks great. Inspirational in my opinion. Charlotte was also at the race this weekend and I had bumped into her earlier, both of us making plans to go out for drinks soon.