20

The night had An Chang Qing turning and tossing and by the time he woke up the next day, sunlight had slipped into the room through the windows. It had snowed the night before and outside was a vast expanse of white, causing the sun rays to be particularly glaring to the eyes.

An Chang Qing opened his eyes in a daze and yawned. Anfu who was waiting outside heard the noise and entered to inquire if he wanted to wake up.

"What time is it?" An Chang Qing saw the daylight and asked.

"It's a little past noon."

"It's that late?" An Chang Qing was surprised as he raised his neck and looked out, "Why didn't you wake me?"

"Wangye had ordered when he left." Anfu blinked and replied, "He said that Master is tired from last night and to let you sleep a little longer."

An Chang Qing: "..."

He looked at Anfu and said, "Fetch some water, I want to take a bath."

Anfu let out a giggle and left to make the preparations.

An Chang Qing opened the blanket to get out of bed and found that the pain in his legs had disappeared. He lifted his pants to take a look and found that the bruises had turned into a more terrifying shade. Last night, Xiao Zhige had rubbed the bruises with medicinal wine for a long time, causing it to spread and dispel the swelling. Only by pressing hard against the bruise would the pain emerge.

As he was looking, Anfu came back with the water. Seeing his injury, Anfu was like a nosy goose being grabbed by the neck, he gasped and said, "M, m, m, Master... How did you get injured this badly..."

After asking, a sudden realization dawned and he knocked his head, feeling silly for blurting out the question.

How else did the Master get those bruises, of course it's from last night...

Looking at An Chang Qing with heartache and anxiety, he asked cautiously, "Would you like to call for a doctor?"

Wangye must've been too rough last night. He had thought that those were just baseless rumors but it seemed there was some truth to it. His master had very delicate skin, how could he bear to toss him around this much?

Lady Yu would have a heartache should she find out about this.

"..." An Chang Qing saw his face and immediately knew what he was thinking. "Stop thinking nonsense! This is nothing and you're not allowed to tell mother."

Anfu reluctantly responded with an 'oh' and began assisting him with washing up.

After his bath, Steward Wang came to give a report regarding the two things that An Chang Qing requested.

One was to gather the accounts of all the shops and properties under Xiao Zhige, the other was the completion of the renovation for the house under Mt. Qin Yun and several maids had also been sent there.

"Move the account books to Wangye's study. Just place them in the empty side room. Have the maids trained then send them to Qingwu Courtyard."

Qingwu Courtyard was where Lady Yu and An Xianyu currently resided.

Steward Wang quickly said yes.

An Chang Qing asked, "How are Zhou He Lan and his mother?"

Steward Wang replied, "Dr. Hu had prescribed some medication for Lady Zhou. She's taking it now and her complexion has improved considerably. Mr. Zhou came to look for you twice but you weren't in. He made a request to this servant but thinking that he is your guest, I dare not arrange it rashly."