Chapter 5: Beta Lowell Bledig

The photo is of the beast named Fenrir. it depicts a battle between Odin and Fenrir based off of Norse Mythology. I don't own the photo.

It was a Monday and Harry had managed to have a free afternoon so he settled on visiting Colten Alley. He was comfortable in a corner of the rather large room, which he had not named yet, reading a slightly darker genre of book when he felt a presence in the wards. In an instant, he jumped up and had his wand pointed at the curtain.

"Who goes there?" he asks, voice strong. He learnt that having even a slight bit of weakness caused the people, in Knockturn anyway, to take advantage of you.

"It's me," the Werewolf from the other night spoke. Still not letting his wand go back into his holster, he lowered it and opened the curtain to find at least 5 werewolves there, still and slightly larger than the werewolf in front. He pocketed his wand after realizing that they passed the wards as well as a quick search of any ill intent, brought to you by Legilimency.

The one to the right of the group stepped forward and introduced himself, "Beta Lowell Bledig ," he stated seriously. Harry could tell that they were here on business but what kind of business? Harry wasn't sure.

~~~

They all sat at a table in an adjacent room that Harry had established as his office. The walls were a dark red and there was a roaring fireplace burning behind his ornate desk chair. The wall behind him was decorated with books in his substantial collection and a bunch of useless trinkets he kept there for decoration following in Dumbledore's steps. As much as he hated to admit it... Dumbledore's got style...

There was a total of six Werewolves; five of them, most likely Betas, were much more buff than the Werewolf he had saved that day. They each wore a serious look in their faces as Harry seemed rather blasé. He had his wand strapped to the underside of his desk, ready to be used, if the need arose. Hopefully, it wouldn't.

"What can I do for you, gentlemen?" he asked, nonchalant. Giving of the scent of fear to a room of important Werewolves wasn't a good idea. Especially if they were a part of Greyback's pack. He is a ruthless killer and nothing more. Though... having an ally like him couldn't hurt, especially with the upcoming war. Now that was a Slytherin thought...

"We have heard rumours of you," one spoke. He was sat in front of the others and was most likely of a higher rank, "and if they are indeed true, I must personally say thank you."

"Is that so?" he said, leaning back on his seat, intrigued about where this was going. He hadn't expected them to come here, no less hold a meeting.

"Omega Rendall here seems to have gotten into trouble quite a lot recently," he turned to glare at the smaller man. He cowered in response and Harry just shrugged.

"He needed help and I helped him, simple as that." He smiled, "Now, what do I owe the pleasure of you fine gentlemen coming here today?"

"We are here on official business, Mr..." one Werewolf spoke. He sat slightly behind the largest one, holding a briefcase that looked very...professional. The main five were wearing what looked to be combat robes while the Omega wore disheveled robes, similar to the ones that he wore on the day that Harry had saved him. They were obviously trying to get information on him and it was clear of who was asking him to.

"Evans, Lord Evans," he smiled, not wanting to say his actual name. If word got out that he was Harry Potter, he was in for a death like no other; a bloody one at that. Not that they would believe him. He was the Gryffindor Golden Boy after all.

"Well then Lord Evans, we are here on behalf of our Alph-"

"Alpha Greyback?" he asked, enjoying their surprise, "Yes, I was wondering when he would contact me," he sat forward on his chair, leaning his elbows on the table.

They stayed silent for a while until the Werewolf spoke up again, "Correct, Our Alpha has heard of the rumours of your existence and Rendall here was the first to find anything on you. Unfortunately, our Alpha is not available today due t-"

"A meeting with the Dark Lord? Yes, I figure that much out."

Harry had not seen Snape around that day and although he didn't have Potions, he usually would bump into the Dungeon Bat at least 5 times a day. That led to some... uncomfortable encounters. For Snape anyway, Harry enjoyed intimidating the man too much.

They stayed silent for a while and then nodded. It was probably safe enough to share. He had figured it out, by himself, after all.

"You are quite difficult to find, Lord Evans," the She-Wolf sat beside the second-largest chuckled.

Harry raised an eyebrow, "Indeed, you'll find that I have many secrets, Beta... Otsana, if that is correct?" Harry could find peoples' names quite easily with the help of Legilimency. Most did not even have Occlumency shields and the other half's shields could be destroyed within seconds. He was so very proud of that.

The she-wolf nodded, slightly confused. As far as she knew, she had not given her name to anyone. He could practically smell the confusion in the room. Within a moment, it was gone and they returned to their serious demeanors, though Harry could still hear the thoughts rapidly rushing through their minds. He had long ago found out what they were here for and just wanted to establish his power and to not appear rude or snobbish. Traits like those did not sit well with Werewolves, more so than others.

"If we could get straight down to business," a wolf that had not spoken yet, sat behind the others, piped up.

The wolf sat in front, Bledig, nodded, "Of course."

~~~

The short of it was that Fenrir had requested a meeting with him. Harry wasn't quite sure why but he had a feeling that it was going to go well. Sure, Greyback had reason to want to meet with him but to discuss what? He didn't know.  With this thought, he wrote a letter neither denying nor accepting the request. He told it in a way that would not anger the Alpha so that he wouldn't get on the bad side of him. That never ended well for anyone but himself. For example, look at the Lupins.

After the rather successful meeting, Harry had invited them over the next weekend for drinks. They accepted, deeming the place was safe enough and the protection, powerful enough. Not to mention they had no other place to go other than here that they would not be berated or harmed.

"I look forward to seeing you!" he said as they left through the curtain.

Harry grinned as he packed up a couple of books for the Chamber. He would most likely not be returning for a few days due to Dumbledore's insistence on their 'lessons. The coot was trying to tell him something but wouldn't tell him anything until he was 'ready'. He had gone through what regular adults couldn't dream of. He was pretty sure he was 'ready'.

He apparated back to Hogwarts and quickly shoved the books on his smaller bookshelf. Some of them didn't fit and so he just stacked them on top. It was either that or he was just too lazy.

Carrying his bag and finally changed into a hoodie and jeans, he walked down the corridor as if he did not just have a secret meeting with five bloodthirsty Werewolf Betas.

He entered the library and sat in one of the chairs near the back. It was almost empty apart from a few 7th years, studying silently. He opened the musty book and began to read when he heard someone's voice from behind him.

"What are you reading there, Potter?"