Gunshots || .010

The day was running by so slowly. Ava kept glancing over at the clock to see that only a few minutes had passed. This was going to be a long day. She was now sitting at the desk in the room, her eyes wandering the hostages like she'd been doing for the last few hours. She needed to switch rooms with someone. She needed something different so that the boredom wouldn't eat her alive. "I wouldn't blame you if you were sleeping with both of the men. I think we all know by now that I am not a saint in that category either." Arturo started speaking up for the first time since Berlin attacked him, but he was still saying dumb shit. Ava's eyes went straight to him, and all of the hostages sighed, annoyance clear on their faces.

           "Do you know how to shut the fuck up?" Ava snapped at him. He was clearly shocked to hear the words come out of her mouth. Ava was usually levelheaded, but even she was going a bit stir crazy in this heist and it was only day two. "It's none of your fucking business Arturo." Denver already knew about what happened between Ava and Berlin. She didn't want everyone to find out and have drama flood the heist members. They needed to focus on the heist and not personal relationships. That was the whole reason the Professor didn't want anyone to have any strong personal relationships. Arturo fell silent again and this time just scooted over to start whispering to another hostage. The annoyance wouldn't wipe off of Ava's face. She sat there frustrated, but forced herself to let out a sigh, calming herself down. Last night had been absolutely perfect. It was passionate and intense, but the sunlight hit her just as quick as the guilt did. She was with Martin for so many years that she felt she needed to come clean immediately, but she wasn't so sure that this would be the best timing during the heist. It would just cause so much more tension within the group, and they didn't need any more of that.

              Ava stood up, ready to gather the hostages for today's lunch. Being stuck in the Mint kind of killed every bit of appetite that Ava had, but she forced herself to eat even if it was just a tiny bit at a time. She would need the strength for this heist. 

             "It's time for lunch. Let's go!" Ava called out to everyone, watching as they rallied in a line quickly, ready to join the others. There were other groups of hostages. Some were getting their hands dirty with work while others were just being watched. Most of the time the majority of the hostages stayed together, but it was hard to keep watch of them completely that way. Ava led them down the stairs and stood directly beside of Nairobi as the hostages joined the others on the ground. Ava was silent, finally being able to relax a little. She sat down on the bottom step, looking over the hostages carefully as they took their lunches one by one. They were the same as she was. They were the same as every single one of them. They were human and they made mistakes. The only difference was bravery. The group was brave enough to fight for a better life. That was something a lot of people couldn't say they did. "Phoenix is still with Moscow?" Ava couldn't help herself when she asked this. She wanted to know how he was doing. She wanted to make sure he was safe. Nairobi glanced over at Ava, an almost concerned look in her eyes.

          "He's with Moscow, yeah." Nairobi said. She stopped what she was doing for a moment to move over towards Ava. "He hits you, no?" Nairobi asked the question that she'd been worried about for the last few months they knew each other. There were obvious signs that Phoenix had been physically aggressive with her, but the most recent one was the night before the heist. He had been yelling so loud that everyone in the house had heard him and he ended up getting into it with Denver. Ava couldn't help the sigh that left her lips. She couldn't say no to that any longer because it'd just be a lie. "His eyes are both black now. He can barely open his left one. Assume that was what I heard last night?" Nairobi pressed the subject and Ava looked down towards her feet. She felt the pressure weighing over her. She couldn't explain what happened last night to another person. She just wasn't ready to admit it to someone else yet.