⤷ 40

"y/n, i want you to run."

i automatically stiffened when i heard these words.

kakucho had been watching me carefully until now, and now his eyes rested on me. "are you all right, y/n?" he asked anxiously, examining me from head to toe.

nodding, i put on a weak smile "i don't feel so well. travel sickness and all," i lied hastily, "do any of you know where the restroom is?"

kakucho pointed to the exit, i stumbled a few steps to the side. "thanks," i mumbled, pressing the phone back against my ear and quickening my steps to the exit. right next to the sliding doors, i saw two tattooed guys - suddenly i stopped.

they had me in their sights.

"takashi," i whispered barely audible into the phone "there are two guys. they are tattooed and staring at me" i breathed, walking slowly with shaky legs again.

"what kind of guys?"

"big, tattooed"

he remained calm.

"takashi?"

"walk through the door normally"

"normal?" i gasped.

how was i supposed to walk through that door without panicking while their stares were killing me?

but indeed - the sliding doors slid open without the men doing anything.

"are you through?"

"yes," i said happily, continued walking with normal steps. "i'm going through the hall now"

"didn't you hear me, y/n," his voice sounded threatening "i told you to run"

"but people-"

"run, damn it!" takashi thundered, and then i ran.

i pushed my way through the crowd, fighting the stream of people coming towards me - the phone still close to my ear. i kept glancing over my shoulder, and when i saw the two tattooed men pushing their way through the crowd behind me, i panicked.

"where are you?" i yelled almost desperately, stumbling over the foot of a young man, but managed to catch myself just in time and kept running.

"in the underground garage. take the elevator, take care of yourself" takashi said, then hung up.

i ran faster, and a short time later, relieved to see an elevator sign above me on the left, i dashed off.

standing in front of it, i hammered the button impatiently, not without looking around frantically for the men. the elevator doors opened with a loud clang and i rushed inside.

"hi" i suddenly heard a voice next to me and turned around.

yes, i knew him from somewhere.

"do we know each other?" i finally asked, still a bit out of breath, while the guy grinned to reveal his perfect white teeth.

"yes, we do. i gave you a ride home from school once, remember?"

sure i remembered and nodded "can you remind me of your name again?"

he tilted his head, grinning and burying his hands in his pants pockets "i'm hanma"

"oh yeah, right" i said, smiling, and was about to walk out the door when the elevator paused, but as the doors slid open i automatically stumbled back a few steps; right into hanma's arms.