sage

It was almost 10, which meant history class. I never talked to Erik much, but now that I wanted to find out who the secret gardener was, I had to expand my social circle a little bit. Kids filed into the class and the teacher wrote the curriculum on the board. Every class was basically the same. Same room, same setup, same schedule, same everything.

"Welcome, welcome everyone," My history teacher began. He went off about the lesson and Erik slid into his seat. His blue hair covered one of his eyes, and he seemed unamused.

He pulled out his textbook and I turned around, not wanting to make it awkward.

"For today's activity, you're going to group up and discuss your thoughts about perspective," My history teacher instructed us into groups of four and my group shuffled into the corner. I was with Jade and Erik, and the other girl in my group was asleep on her desk.

"Perspective is nice," Jade sighed. "I was wondering! have you planted anything new in June's park lately?" she asked. I nodded awkwardly, and Erik continued to doodle in his textbook.

"I planted some pansies yesterday. Er- short rainbow flowers. Someone else has been planting in the garden, and I've been wondering who it was!" I exclaimed, catching on to Jade's act.

"Gee, I wonder who it is!" Jade exaggerated the word 'wonder'.

"Hey, what are you drawing?" I asked Erik, peering over to his textbook. He slammed it against his chest in surprise.

"S-sorry, you scared me a little," he stammered.

"My bad. Were you drawing flowers?" I asked.

"Yeah, I guess. I really like art, but I keep forgetting the names of all the different flowers."

I nodded and looked at Jade, who shrugged her shoulders.

"Oh cool! I'm sure AP art should be a breeze to you then," I said, opening my journal and writing down thoughts on perspective. It couldn't have been him, the secret gardener knew all the flowers' names. He was a nice kid, though.