seventeen

"Rose why can't you stream?" Tommy whined.

"I've already told you, I have homework."

"But it's summer Rosie!" He was right, it was August 12, the sun was shining through her window as a soft breeze came through and ruffled her papers.

"You know I have to study, the more I study, the better nursing school I'll get into."

"Ugggh."

"Why don't you ask Tubbo or Ranboo?"

"They're busy, and anyways, no one is as much fun as you." The girls cheeks grew warm at the compliment and she was glad she was staring down at her paper so he couldn't see.

"I'll stream after dinner-"

"Ok!"

"Tommy that's midnight for you-"

"I know, I still want to stream with you today. The aussies will love it." She rolled her eyes as she got the notification that he tweeted about his late night stream. The two were sitting quietly, focusing on their own thing when Rose's dad knocked on the door.

"Yeah?"

"I made some lunch- is that Tom?"

"Hello big dad-"

"Tommy please don't call my dad big dad-"

"Hey I like it Rose. How are you Tom?" He asked, placing the plate with a sandwich, fruit and chips next to her papers.

"I'm good, Rose is killing my sleep schedule but-"

"Oi! It's not my fault you won't stream by yourself!" Her dad grinned, noticing how the two were borrowing each other's slang.

"Anyways, mister sir can I have your number, it's about secret birthday stuff?"

"Tommy are you asking my father for his number?" Rose laughed.

"Rose send it to him, I want to see what he has planned for your birthday."

"Fine, I'll send it when I'm done with this." She motioned to her math work

"How's it going?"

"Rough, but I should be done with everything by Christmas!"

"Really?"

"Yup!"

"Proud of you champ." He turns to Tommy, "don't distract her too much." Tommy sat up straight and saluted making the two laugh. Her dad headed out but turned back, "We're leaving at 7 tomorrow by the way, overnight oats for breakfast?"

A sad pain shot through the girls heart as she remembered what day was tomorrow, "Yeah, that's fine." Her dad smiled softly and closed the door.

"Where are you going tomorrow?"

"Uh no where." She mumbled, he wanted to press further,  but he knew it would get him no where so he went back to editing his next video. "So what are you planning for my birthday?" She asked as carelessly as she can, but Tommy sees through it.

"Mmm wouldn't you like to know." She shoots him a glare before going back to her homework.

//
Sorry I know they've been short but longer ones comin soon😩