Chapter 42

this chapter contains smut, I tried my best and I feel kinda proud about how it turned out.

Enjoy!

It's fucking dark

It's fucking dark. I look around the pitch black bedroom with narrowed eyes. Not even a string of sunlight in sight. Untangling myself from the cold sheets, I look down at the equally as cold pillow, clutched tightly between my arms. She should be in my arms. Not a fucking cushion. I throw it on the floor and rub my half-sleepy eyes.

The faint pounding in my head makes my vision blur slightly when I sit upright against the bed frame. Where the fuck is she? Avery is not on the bed and by the chilly bed clothes, I can tell she hasn't been for a while.

That's the first fucking time I've woken up alone.

I close my eyes and rub my sore temple. I remember shit from last night. The only thing clear as fucking day, are the three words she repeated two times before falling asleep.

Maybe she didn't actually say she loves me. Doubt clouds my hopefully memories. If Avery telling me she loves me was a dream, my reality would sure as hell turn into a fucking nightmare. Though, deep down, I know it wasn't. I know the weed didn't fuck my head up that much either.

I'm just scared it fucked up her's.

How the hell do I act if she didn't mean what she said? What if she doesn't love me?

I don't know why the thought hurts so much.

I just want her to love me. Not as much as I love her. My feelings would be her downfall if she felt them towards me.

The unpleasant feeling in my chest grows the longer I stay alone.

Walking into the bathroom, a genuine smile spreads on my lips as the scent of my body wash flares through my nostrils. She still showers with my products.

.......

The floorboards creek under my weight as I make my way down the stairs. I'm eager to hear her telling me she loves me again. Fuck, desperate even.

I remember telling her that she can wait. That she can take her time to love me back. Sure, almost four months have been enough time, right? Even if it hasn't been I can wait longer. I would never pressure Ry into loving me.

I told her how I felt when I was ready, it's only fair I wait until she feels the same way.

Maybe she doesn't though?

Again, the doubtful thought about it all being a hallucination blurs my mind.

Fuck. It wasn't. I'm certain it wasn't.

She told me she loved me last night. I know that.

Her distant laughter puts an end to my thinking. What is she laughing at? Better yet, who the fuck is she laughing with?