Another Alliance

TRIXIE'S POV:

I walked into the house, closing the front door behind me as the faint smell of pancakes came from the kitchen. Kicking off my shoes, I walked over, desperately attempting to erase the past events out of my memory.

"You're back!" said Hendrix, walking over to me with a smile. He was wearing an apron which said "kiss the chef" in bold red writing but with nothing underneath. I closed my eyes, sighing softly.

"That's gross" I said, taking the plate. But he didn't let go of it on his side, his expression changing.

"Trixie.."

He set the plate down on the counter, looking at the ground as he became annoyed. He took a deep breath, making me wonder if I said the wrong thing.

"Hendrix what-"

"Let me see your wrist" he said. His tone was low yet extremely demanding as he held his hand out.

"It's nothing-"

"Trixie Rosario, give me your fucking wrist"

I swallowed, my throat turning dry. Mainly because I hadn't even looked at my wrist myself yet, only god knows how he managed to catch sight before me.

I rolled up my sleeve, my stomach twisting when I saw the dark red bruises on my wrist. It almost looked like self harm but there were fingerprints.

Was he really holding me that tightly?

"You have ten seconds" said Hendrix, his nostrils flaring "to tell me who the fuck did that"

"That's the funny part-"

"Trixie!"

His voice made me jump which irritated me. One, cause I hate getting yelled at, I'd always end up crying at some point. Two, cause it distracted me from trying to think up a damn excuse for this.

"Okay!" I exclaimed "he was blonde with green eyes and I think his name was Riley"

He tapped whatever I said into his phone. I stayed put as he asked for height and age estimates which prompted me to lie again.

"Okay, I'll let the soldiers know" he said, placing his phone on the counter. He looked at me, taking my face in his hands which took me aback for a second. I gazed into his pretty brown eyes.

The perfect shade of home.

"Are you okay, Trix? Did he hurt you anywhere else?" he asked, looking at my face carefully for any signs of a yes. But I shook my head firmly.

"I promise he didn't" I whispered, leaning in to kiss his lips quickly. He kissed me back, causing him to lower his hands down to my waist.

"We have to get ready" he mumbled, breaking the kiss. I looked at him, furrowing my brows.

"Ready for what?"

"We have the Blue Spear mafia coming over in two hours, we're forging an alliance" he said, taking my hands "so get on your best china cause tonight is all about first impressions and impressions"

"Okay" I smiled, squeezing his hands "but who are we taking out when we've got the alliance?"

"Someone's extra sure we're getting this" he smirked, pulling me closer to him.

"Well obviously, everyone wants to be our alliance"

"You're right, baby" he laughed, nodding his head at me "and I wanna take out a mafia called Elite8. They're after our weaponry since they're getting powerful so we need them out asap"

"Okay, sounds doable" I said, looking at him. He smiled and kissed my lips again.

"Good, let's go" he said, taking my hand and leading me upstairs.