daffodil

I didn't feel like talking much during school. My friends were growing closer to each other, which made me happy, but I couldn't stop thinking about Kai and his sister. I wanted to meet Kaori. I wanted to share the passion of flowers with her. The school day ended early and I went straight to the park. I was going to ask Kai how Kaori was doing.

The mystery gardener finally decided to plant something in the garden after a week of inactivity. There were daffodil sprouts in the planter box, and I knew the mystery gardener must've forgiven whoever cut down their flowers.

"hey!" a voice came from the sidewalk and I looked up. It was Kai, and he was holding a piece of paper. "Kaori was very happy to see the baby sunflower. Here's something she made for you!" He handed me the piece of paper. It read in sloppy, big handwriting:

Thank you so much for the baby flower! -Kaori

I smiled at Kai, and he smiled back. I knew he loved his sister so much.

"This means a lot to me. I'm so glad she's thankful," I felt myself getting emotional. I hoped Kaori would feel better soon.

Jade was delighted to hear the story. She hounded me with questions, while Erik was inspired by the story.

"That's so sweet of you!" Jade exclaimed. "I'm sure that little girl must love you now,"

"Aw. I haven't seen her yet. I hope one day we can meet when she feels better," I admitted. Jade was always the one to encourage me. I really did hope Kaori and I would meet.