together

A couple months passed. The roses we planted in the park grew and bloomed, and we got to know each other for the rest of the school year. He didn't go to the school I went to. He was privately schooled, but my english teacher happened to be his private writing tutor. I learned so many things about him. We hung out after school every day until the school year ended, and when the summer started, he brought me to his garden for the first time. It was a beautiful sight - all the flowers that were in the park were in his family's garden - short alyssums lined the walkway, and rose bushes with abundant blooms were lined around the fences. There were many bluebells and other bellflowers. Tulips, daffodils, sunflowers, dahlias... the garden was beautiful. I continued to visit him every weekend in the summer, but on the weekdays he had to babysit Kaori and Kai.

Jade and Erik met Eleven. Of course, Jade wouldn't stop pestering me about our relationship after that, and even Erik thought it was cute. Kaori had her 6th birthday party, and her sunflower bloomed. Kai discovered his love for astronomy, Jade helped him join an astronomy club, and I continued to plant flowers in parks with Eleven.

One evening as Eleven and I sat on his balcony, watching the sun set behind the hills, he told me something I'd been wanting to tell him for a very long time.

"I love you. I've known you since we started planting those flowers together in March. Even though we never saw each other, I always had a connection with you. I'm so grateful I was able to have the opportunity to plant flowers with someone as amazing, beautiful, and kind as you," he confessed.

"I love you too, Eleven. I'd been trying to find out who the other gardener was for so long, and now that I know... I couldn't be happier. You're a beautiful, kind person and the flowers you care for really shows that."

The sun disappeared behind the hills after an hour as we fell asleep on the bench, my head on his chest, and his hands in mine. And who would've thought that my night walks and boring days could change into a paradise like this?

I certainly didn't.

Life is beautiful. I would know.

Rather than an autumn of rest, I prefer a springtime of youth. The springtime of the year had passed, and autumn had come. The flowers fell and re-seeded, and my love for Eleven grew further. Gazing off my porch on a quiet autumn evening, I thought about why I loved springtime so much - it hadn't changed since the year before. The beautiful flowers, the vivid colors, and now, the boy who opened my eyes to see it.

Green is the color of the springtime - and the springtime is the season of love.