XIII. The Seeing Stone

I sit on the stone in meditation pose as Din and Grogu look at me.
The symbols sculpted in the rock glow and a blue field appears around me. Right now no one could approach or interrupt me.

I find myself in a dark empty space, and I hear again the voice of Master Yoda
"Connected to the Force you are, the truth you want"
"Yes, Master. I'm ready"
"In order to see it, the whole history you must know"
His voice dissolves leaving me alone and confused.

"Kaira Satri"
I turn to see a man, or more correctly a light blue shadow of a man.
He has long hair half-tied in a braid, and wears typical Jedi clothing
"How do you know my name? Do I know you?"
"You don't. But I do know you. I've been checking on you"
"Sorry, can I ask who you are?"
"My name is Qui-Gon. Qui-Gon Jinn"

"You are communicating from afterlife, right?"
"You're correct. That is why I appear like this"
"I heard Yoda's voice, and he said I needed to know the whole story to find out who my father was"
"I'm here to guide you through it. Why don't you start by telling me what you know"?

"I was born on Tatooine, and I never saw my dad's face. I remember just a warm, happy feeling"
"That was the Force. You felt him"
"And that's it. I don't even know his name. I share Carla Satri's last name, that's my mom. She told me he died in an accident, but at this point I'm not sure if I believe her"

"I knew your father, the story you must know starts way back. Follow me, Kaira"

I walk forward, after a step I find myself in the desert of Tatooine, looking at Qui-Gon, alive.

"Good day to you" a Toydarian speaks in his native language "What do you want?"
Qui-Gon enters the shop followed by a girl and a Gungan.
"I need parts for a J-type 327 Nubian"
"Ah yes! Nubian. We have lots of that" the owner says before calling someone back in his language as the group looks around.
A child comes in and gets yelled at
"So..." the Toydarian returns to Qui-Gon "Let me take thee out back, huh? You'll find what you need"
After a bit Qui-Gon returns, not being able to reach an agreement
"We're leaving. JarJar"
Before exiting the girl turns
"I'm glad to have met you Anakin"

Time skips and now the child is in front of the Jedi Council, with Qui-Gon and a padawan. The Jedi Masters are talking about training him.
The Council is against it, but Qui-Gon insists. The boy will be trained.

I follow my guide to another scene

Qui-Gon and his former Padawan are chasing a Dathomirian Zabrak, energy barriers separating them.
The barrier in front of the Jedi master deactivates, and he starts attacking his opponent while the padawan is still trapped behind the energy field.
The green lightsaber collides with the double-blade red one as the barriers start deactivating, freeing the Padawan who rushes to help his mentor. Just as he almost reaches them a new barrier appears, blocking him. He stands there powerless, unable to help. The battle gets heater and heater, and after a while the Dathomirian manages t stab Qui-Gon.
"Nooo" the padawan yells, rage and worry inside of him, as the Master falls.
As soon as the barriers deactivate, he starts battling, motivated more than ever. He almost loses but manages to get behind the opponent and cut him in half.
He rushes to his mentor
"It's to late... It's..." Qui-Gon stutters
"No"
"Obi-Wan. Promise... promise me you will train the boy"
"Yes Master"
"He's... He's the chosen one. He will bring balance. Train him"
As Obi-Wan nods, Qui-Gon dies in his arms.

I see the shadow of my guide look another way, probably not wanting to live again that pain. As I turn again the scene changes

In an elevator stand Obi-Wan and the boy, Anakin, both older.
"You seem a little on edge" Obi-Wan says
"Not at all"
"I haven't felt you this tense since we fell into that nest of gundarks"
"You fell into that nightmare, Master, and I rescued you remember?"
"Oh, yes" he chuckles, Anakin following right after "You're sweating. Relax. Take a deep breath" he smiles entertained
"I haven't seen her 10 years, Master"
Anakin looks at the ground nervous, while Obi-Wan laughs silently