XIV. The Crush

*Din's point of view*

It has been about ten minutes, and Kai is still surrounded by the blue field generated by the stone. I'm sitting with my back against one of the rocks on the mountain, while Grogu plays with my cape.
"Do you know how much time it takes, kid?"
He just stares at me for a few seconds before turning back to what he was doing
I sigh
"It's been a while"
"Kai" Grogu says
"Yes, kid"

He turns towards her, and I lean my head back on the rock.
A few more minutes pass, and she is still there, eyes closed and legs crossed. I notice that every once in a while she changes expression, showing confusion or focusing more.
She seems so serious, I wonder what she is going through.

Suddenly the light stops, and she falls on the ground. I get up fast leaving Grogu on the ground and get to her.
"Kai! Do you hear me?" I kneel and set her in a comfortable position
She doesn't answer, causing me to get even more worried.

She passed out just like Grogu did when he used the force, but I thought that didn't happen with adult trained Jedi. She must have used a huge amount of Force.

I sit beside her, and I put her head on my leg to make her more comfortable
"Dank farrik... Kid, come here, do your magic"
Grogu slowly gets there and sits between us
"No, don't sit. Do your thing"
He once again doesn't listen.
I have to do it myself.

I take off one of my gloves and put my bare hand on her cheek. I shake her head gently.
"Wake up, Kai. I promise you I'll get you to rest. Just wake up, please"
She finally moves, with her eyes still closed

"Kai!"
"Din?"
I smile behind my helmet
"Yes, it's me"
"What happened?"
"You passed out, must have been the Force. It was only a few minutes"
"Thank you"
I stare at her as she looks around her.

"You didn't have to do this"
"I don't mind"
I get up and offer her my still bare hand to help her. It's the first time I can feel the softness of her skin.

After she gets up, she brings a to her forehead and takes a few steps, using my shoulder to steady herself.
I stand by her side
"I'm sorry, I am so tired"
"It's normal, take all the time you need"

Using one arm to carry Grogu and the other to help Kai I get them both on the ship.
The droid rolls to its owner beeping as she steps to the seats.
"I'll drive us back, you just rest. Droid, get to your position, we have to go back to Sorgan"

Kaira is already asleep. I place Grogu on her lap and watch the droid get in place. I don't trust these things, but if Kai does, that's enough for me.
I sit and switch on controls.
"Ok" I speak to myself "Next stop: Sorgan"

The Spark takes off, and we leave the planet.

Once we jump to hyperspace I set the autopilot and I relax a bit.
I turn to the seat behind me to see both the Jedi asleep.
I look at Kaira, scanning every single detail of her face.
Her hair are a light brown color and fall down to her shoulders.
She has furrowed eyebrows, not resting even in her sleep, yet she always seems so energetic and in control.
I notice she has a small scar on her left eyebrow, and I'm instantly curious about how she got that.
A strand of her hair gets on her face and by instinct I reach for it and put it behind her ear. Then I stroke her head for a second.
I'm amazed at how soft her hair are, I can feel it even with my gloves on.

I don't know how much I've been staring at her, I'm brought back to reality by the sound of Grogu waking up.
He opens his big brown eyes, brown just like mine, and immediately raises his tiny hands to reach for me.
I pick him up from Kaira's arms, careful not to wake her up.

I turn back to the controls with my kid, looking at the light blue space around the ship.
"Soup?" Grogu asks me
"Later, ad'ika. We don't have it here"
"Kai"
"Nope. Not even her"
He whines, causing me to put my finger on my helmet, where my mouth would be
"Shhh, she is sleeping"

He looks at me, not moving.

I reach for my helmet, unlocking it and taking it off.
Grogu smiles at seeing me again after all this time.
We stay like this until we jump out of hyperspace. I put my helmet back and secure Grogu on my lap.
BB-4 beeps, causing me to sigh.
"I don't speak droid..."
He beeps again
"I'm driving us back to Sorgan. You can... Do what you want I guess"
I don't hear a beep, he must have understood.
I begin to approach the landing point.

Once we land I put Grogu on the ground and stretch a bit after the trip.
Kaira is still sleeping, and she probably will be for a few more hours.

I shut the ship and secure it with the help of the Droid, who is ready to carry Grogu. I don't want to wake Kai, so I pick her up in my arms, heading for the village.

*Kaira's point of view*
I remember falling asleep on the passenger seat of the Spark, but when I wake up I'm back in the barn that we left a few hours ago.

Yawning I stand up and see a plate with some food on it and a flower near it. I know that it's probably for me but I will not touch it without asking.

I walk to the door to see if anyone is there. I see a bit far from me the kids of the village playing with my padawan, and behind him Din, sitting on a chair. Omera is also there, looking out for Winta.
Grogu feels my presence and turns in my direction letting out a little scream of happiness.

Din sees him and checks too. When he sees me he stands and walks to me with Grogu.
"Hey, you okay?"
"Yes. How long was I out?"
"About twelve hours"
"Wow, really?"
He nods.
"I left you some food" he adds
"So it's for me? Thank you"
"Yes, the kid got you a flower"
"I saw it" I smiled to Grogu holding his hand "Thank you piccolo. This is so nice of you. You both"

I leave them to play, going back to the barn to eat.
Not even ten minutes later Din comes in.
I decided to joke with him with a smirk.
"I don't need a baby sitter Di-" I see Omera coming in too "-Mando" I change name, not wanting to expose my friend.
Damn, that woman follows like a shadow.
"I know" he answers "and you know that it wasn't my intention"
"You curious? About the Jedi stuff?"
"I don't want to force you to"
"No, it's okay. I want you to know" I give a quick glance at Omera.
She receives the message.

"I'm going to go get the kids to eat" and exits, leaving Din and I alone.

A/N
The Din P.o.V. everyone needed.
Filler chapter, but also not. We got to see Din's crush on Kaira developing, so it's a win

See you next chapter!

-Haar'chak_Kaira