Finale

If there is ever to be a grander finish to a season than the one provided us the Duke and Duchess of Hasting this year, this author will need to feast upon her own words. For it was this couple's memorable affair that brought another scandalous London season to a close. As many now leave the city behind for greener pastures, some endings seem more permanent than others.

Of course, there are other endings that will offer new beginnings...

"I shall write to you all from Greece." Colin told his family before him from atop his horse. "That is assuming these two actually detach themselves from Midnight." 

"Ben! Cal! Come on." Abigail beckoned her two brothers from Colin's steed. 

She stood with her new in-laws in front of the Bridgerton house. She and Anthony had married last week and she was in pure, wedded bliss. She didn't know how, but Anthony had managed to get Benjamin and Calvin back from school in time for the wedding. They had both held her hand as she walked down the aisle and as Francesca had said, it was by far the most adorable thing she had ever seen. 

They all stood now to see Colin off on his travels, and Ben and Calvin had not left his horse's side since it was brought round. 

They came when Abby called, though. Bounding up to where she stood with Anthony, her husband, as she liked to keep reminding herself. Calvin grasped Abby's hand while Benjamin went to stand next to Anthony. In no time, Anthony's arm, the one not entwined around her waist, had made it onto Ben's shoulder. 

"Do not forget to bring me a gift." Gregory piped up. 

"It is not a gift if you have to ask." Hyacinth scolded. "I would fancy anything blue or white." 

Everyone laughed, and Colin simply tipped his hat to them all before riding off. 

"Ben, Calvin! Come on, let's play!" Gregory called and the four youngest sprinted off inside the house. 

"Well, the two of you are off to Clyvedon now, I presume?"Abigail turned and the couples faced each other. 

"We have decided to stay in London a little longer." Simon corrected. "Take some time to enjoy ourselves, just the two of us." 

Daphne smiled at him, so clearly in love. 

"And you, what are your plans?" She turned and asked them both. 

"Oh, we're headed up to Aubrey Hall in Kent. It's been so long since I've seen our country home and well, I'd like some time alone with this one." Anthony turned his head towards Abigail. Who, much to her chagrin, was smiling madly.

(And that's it!! Thank you all SO MUCH for the support on this story, it's made me so much more excited and confident as a writer. I'm glad you all loved it and thank you for all the love you've given Abigail!! I hope you maybe read other stories I'm planning on publishing in the very near future! 3/3)