Eighty-Two

"You mean, I don't have to read?"

"No, pick up your books and wand, we're going outside."

"Outside? Are we actually going to do something now?" James asked as he followed Aries out of the library.

"Yes, James, we're actually doing physical work." Aries sighed.

Flitwick had gone over the tutoring session summaries that Aries had written up and was quite surprised over the progress that James was making so quickly over such a short period of time.

It was in that moment that Aries slightly regretted being such a good teacher. Flitwick had asked her to continue to tutor James until he had fully mastered the spells that everyone else was still trying to master themselves.

"Today we're going to work on your disillusionment charm and cheering charm." Aries announced as they found themselves out in the courtyard, just before the grassy plains of the Black Lake.

"How about the cheering charm first? I wanna try and make you laugh as hard as you did the day before break ended." James grinned remembering the memory.

Aries wasn't as intent on looking back on it as he was, "I'd rather not bring that up-"

"Bad day to eat spaghetti, you laughed so hard, you choked and a noodle came out of your nose." James snorted a laugh before doubling over as if it happened no more than seconds ago.

"I also remember you doing the same not much longer than me." Aries raised a brow letting out a soft giggle, seeing as his laugh was contagious today.

"Then mum scolded us for bad manners." James shook his head with a small smile as he wiped his joyful tears.

"Then your dad high fived you from under the table." Aries rolled her eyes, though an amused smile laid against her soft pink lips.

"Oh! Remember earlier that week when-"

"You're changing the subject like the first lesson we had." Aries cut him off with a knowing look.

"What subject?"

"The one I'm teaching you right now."

"What are you teaching me right now?"

"The same subject I've been teaching you since day one of this year."

"And what year is it?"

"...I taught you well."

__________

Aries decided to go back down to the common room that afternoon after tutoring James. Since everyone else Aries had been tutoring earlier that semester had learned what needed be, she had more time to study for her OWLS and just to enjoy not having the pressure of her parents anymore.

That was until Aries almost walked face first into the only person she had mixed feelings for.

Remus Lupin.

Out of her control, Aries mind wavered, opening her thoughts to anyone within ten feet. She was thankful only two people were within range.

Looking into his eyes, Aries couldn't read him. Furrowing her brows she decided to take a risk, only a peak. But as she looked further and harder there was nothing. As if his mind was wiped blank.

Remus's eyes were as milky of a haze as she first saw them on the train, though when she reached toward his temple, accidentally brushing her fingers against his arm, the color faltered.

A few memories had come, his head not filled like everyone else's, but still not completely empty. Before she could get any closer to his temple, which was barley an inch away, Remus suddenly grabbed ahold of her wrist. As soon as the memory had came it left. His eyes gone back to its light haze of brown.