50 | Epilogue

P E A R L

P E A R L

Within the past couple of weeks that went by, we graduated and had prom - well everyone else did besides Zion. I made it up to him by bringing prom to him, and our friends helped to organise a small get together so that he wouldn't feel left out.

"Thank you," Zion mumbled into my ear, his head resting on mine as he held onto my waist.

I pressed a firm kiss to the side of his face and tightened my hold around his neck, letting the sweet caress of soft music sway us into a rhythmic sway.

'The Way I Love You' by yaeow and Neptune strummed through the speakers Nicandro left behind at Zion's house after we shared a fair amount of partying for the prom that Zion missed. The calming melody echoed through Zion's living room, and we clung to each other, feeling every bit of love composed within the lyrics.

"Night time and coffee

A table for two

Track 15 sunsets

Got nothing on you,"

It was perfect. Our first dance together was everything I hoped it would be. I was in Zion's arms, and he was here. Healing, but alive. We were both okay.

t w o   y e a r s   l a t e r

"Yeah stare at your phone girl

I'll stare at it too

Cause I've never loved somebody

The way I love you,"

The music rang through the large speakers of the reception, encapturing many couples on the dance floor, but only one took the spot in the centre.

"It's not fair

How beautiful you are,"

Tegan and River held each other close, their eyes staring deeply into the other. It was their wedding. At the age of 20, they sealed their love with the promise of marriage, and none of us was surprised by such a commitment at a young age. They were always together, and Teagan was always with Nia, completing their family by a love so strong that she became Nia's mother. The little girl was almost three. She danced gently beside them in her own little world.

"Green eyes and freckles

I feel so alive

We dance through the rain, yeah

You've seen me cry,"

Edvany strummed her guitar on stage, besides a man she hired to sing for the newlywed couple. A few tables away from her, Nicandro simply stared. He hadn't dated anyone in the past two years, but something about the way he was glancing at everyone dancing and then back at Edvany made me think he missed what love felt like. They'd never been more than friends, though, and I doubted Edvany wanted anything more with the way her music career was going.

"And I always will love you

Through every storm

I've never loved somebody

The way I love you."

Gabby swayed Serenity a few couples away from us, both chuckling and smiling at each other. They'd been through a whole lot of crying and heartbreak, but the way he grinned down at her told me it was worth it for the amount of love they had for each other.

When his hazel eyes met mine from over her shoulder, he threw me a friendly wink and smiled. I smiled back, wider. He was healing, and I was so proud of him.

A small hand tugged on my pale pink dress, and I glanced down to see Nia reaching her hands out to Zion. She was trying to steal a dance from him, and I could've melted at the sight of Zion picking her up with ease. He was starting to become her favourite uncle. Each of River's best friends had their turns before, and now it was Zion's turn to be her favourite.

He spun her around until she was laughing and leaning her head on his shoulder. Her small strands of hair were tied into a high bun, and we were all surprised that she kept the flowery headband in place after so many hours.

The baby fever that swirled in my head made me eager to start a family with Zion. We were both in University, studying what we both loved. Zion even joined the basketball team there and was the happiest ever with me by his side. Every time I thought about how far we'd come, I wanted to cry out of joy.

One day, he surprised me with a tattoo of a '<3' right next to his heart. He said it went with the ':)' on my back, and I kissed him for so long after that. Anything he did made me so content.

Zion put Nia down when she spotted some of her cousins from River's side of the family. She ran over to them, struggling to do as she waddled.

I felt my boyfriend's hand come around my waist and pull me close to him until our chests touched and my arms were around his shoulders again. The gentle look on his face made me tilt my head up to peck his lips.

"I'm going to marry you," He rested his forehead on mine as another slow song played around us. "After Uni, or whenever you want. But I'm going to marry you."

I nodded in agreement. "And then I want your kids."

My bold statement made him laugh, and the large smile on his face made me squish his cheeks.

"I love you," I whispered when the song was almost done.

"I love you more."

a/n: *important*

I might just write the next books simultaneously:

Gabriel - high school romance, similar to Write My Wrongs, revolves around Gabriel's healing but happens when he first meets Serenity [Brake My Bones]

Riot - mafia, fbi, undercover, enemies to lovers [new series - Riot's book called Fool Me Once]

Edvany's story will come later on (maybe) and it'll take place in the future when she's pursuing her music career :) 

one last reminder: be nice to yourself. you can only take so much. have a rest, darling <3

ANYWAY, THANK U FOR READING !!!

your reads mean a lot to me and i am extremely thankful for each one. 

we now share the same imagination of this little world. 

hope u stick around for the rest of the journey <3

if not, take care and stay safe !

if you do, keep this book in your archive/ library so you can be notified for the next books ;)

any brutally honest feedback would be great too x

see you then,

a m a r a.