Chapter 26: Cute

MAEVE

I sit up in my bed, staring at the side of Elias's face as he stands still, scratching his stubble as he stares at my painting—which he uncovered.

I try to get up but I wince at the pain between my thighs. Elias held true to his word... I can't walk...

Welp.

"Elias..." I call out, fiddling with the blanket.

He doesn't respond but I know he heard because he stopped scratching his scruffy face as soon as I spoke.

I huff a sharp breath through my nose before calling his name again, "Elias... I can't move." I move my leg slightly, making the stinging sensation come back.

I sigh, rubbing my lower stomach. I pull down the blanket and see giant red handprints on my hips. I look back at Elias and he's smirking at me.

I grab my pillow and chuck it at Elias's head... or at least I try to throw it at Elias's head. It falls at his feet and he looks down at it, stifling a chuckle.

"Eli!" I blurt, turning red at my words, yet I finally gain his attention. "No... I meant- I meant- I meant- shut up! You know what I meant!-," my blabbering is cut short by a pillow smacking me in the face.

Elias climbs onto the bed slowly. "Too late you already said it," Elias says, his voice a low purr.

"Elias," I murmur.

Elias climbs on top of me. "No, no. Don't call me that." Elias tugs at my bottom lip with his teeth.

He gazes up at me with his darkened eyes, eagerly waiting. "Eli."

He smiles, sitting up on his knees. He pulls the covers over my shoulder and wraps me up before lifting me from the bed, cradling me against his chest.

I peek my head—wrapped in the covers—from his chest and smile at Elias. He rolls his head back and sighs heavily, tightening his hand on my cheek—booty not face.

I jump at his grip. His head falls forward, looking down at me, "don't fucking tempt me, piccolina."

Elias opens my bedroom door and steps into the well-lit hallway. "What are you doing? I'm naked!" I scold, slapping his chest.

"Shut up, I covered you with the blanket. There's no need for you to complain," Elias quips back.

He's right I shouldn't complain... Jean got mad when I complained too.

"Sor-sorry..." I whisper, "I won't compan- complain again."

Elias sighs, setting me down on my feet. My legs are shaking so much that I can barely stand. I lean back against the wall and slide down to sit on my butt. "That's not what I meant, amore mio. You can complain if you want to. If you're not happy, tell me, so I can make you happy." Elias cups my cheeks in his hands.

He stands back up and slips his thumbs into the hem of his boxers. "What are you doing?" I ask as Elias smirks at me deviously.

He yanks down his boxer, freeing himself. "Now we're both naked." Elias steps closer, crouches down, and grabs my jaw, "happy?" He smiles crookedly.