*Break*

Over the year, it had been nothing that iris had imagined. In the summer, she was mostly emotionless. Let's start from the beginning,

After Percy had left his family, he had gotten himself an apartment and showed up to work every day. He kept Iris updated on where he lived and important things like that, but his letters obviously stated he was still mad and felt betrayed. Iris would've thought a month alone would have cooled him down and brought him to his senses, but she was wrong. Percy took the job and was now spending more time with the minister who was changing his views to a very one-sided opinion. What also kept him from changing was a certain man he went to school with Anthony Wheeler. That's right, Percy was working for Anthony after he had managed to become The minister's assistant with help from his father. Anthony took every second he could to taunt Percy, everything to his way of working, to Iris. Percy didn't want to back down on the job just because of one person, but he had let Wheeler into his head since Iris wasn't there to give him support. 

That led to the second event. After a month of staying away from each other, Percy had sent iris a letter to meet him at the Leaky Cauldron, Iris was frustrated since she was so busy and didn't have time to go to the pub. The ministry was slowly taking over Hogwarts and demanded the teachers teach a certain way. That resulted in Iris to re-do her whole lesson plan. That also made her stay cooped up in her room at headquarters, only coming out for food and meetings. No one was particularly worried since they knew what she was doing, and the positive thing about it was that Harry was not mad at her for keeping him in the dark as everyone else did. She had rushedly finished the last details and apparated to meet up with Percy. She was already 15 minutes late. She wore a simple travelling cloak, but her hair was a mess and she was wearing a sweatshirt and pants. 

Percy almost criticized her outfit, spending time with Fudge made him even primmer than he already was, but kept his tongue. Another reason why he didn't say anything was that she looked like when she was in her 5th year, and that year was particularly Percy's favourite year minus Wheeler. She ordered a butterbeer with a grateful smile but dropped it when she found Percy staring at her. Iris did this because she noticed he changed, and not in a good way. Once she got her drink, she walked over and took a seat across from him. They were an odd couple, not one people would think would end up together. "You're late," He said simply, making iris roll her eyes. "Well, thanks to the ministry I had to re-do all my lesson plans which took up my whole summer. Thank you for that Percy." She took a big gulp from her cup. Percy was working with the department that specifically told her what to change before he got his new job, so part of her suffering was due to Percy. 

"What we had laid out was not difficult, we had very thorough instructions would have been easy to follow-" Iris groaned at his explanation. "Perc, I finished it no thanks to you. I did not stay up all night to get it done so I could meet up with you and talk about it!" Percy narrowed his eyes at her, he started making a list of all the things that bothered him about her. The way she slumped in her chair, her hair in a messy bun, bags under her eyes, it was almost embarrassing to look at her. Percy didn't know it, but Iris was always like this. When they were dating she acted like this, she never changed. Yet why was it now that he was bothered by it? "You've wasted 20 minutes of our time, I've got an important meeting in an hour and a half." Iris raised her eyebrow. "How long do you think we're gonna talk? It's either we keep not talking to each other all year, or..." She didn't continue, coming to the realization that he choose the second option. 

"We can't keep going like this Iris. We have to finalize our situation so we can move on with our lives." He said very formally. "A relationship is not something you can plan Percy. That's the fun of it, you never know what's going to happen." She said. Percy drew his lips in a straight line. "You must stop acting like a child, it will be a pain to our society. You have to look at it from a different view Iris. If you decide on what we're going to do, it would make the future easier and more predictable. Then there'd be no chance of loss." Iris scoffed at him and wondered how she had dated this prick. "Perc, there'd be no loss but there'd be no gain as well. You have to lose something to get something. You've got to make mistakes to get better. What do you plan in the future Perc? Have you already figured out two situations if we break up or if we stay? What's the point in that? There's no adventure their Perc!" Percy shook his head. "I'm saying we have to do this now so we can avoid big mistakes! You can't just jump into something spontaneously, it might end up being good or it could lead to complete failure and then we'd have to do it all over again! We can get to a better path, a more perfect path if we can figure it out."

"Perfect?" Iris asked. "Perc, nothing can be perfect." She said. "Yes it can, as far as I know, many people are living perfect lives by planning ahead," Percy answered. "Perc," iris said, getting mad. "We come from two different families, mine who had a very thoroughly thought out plan, and yours who is spontaneous. You might think my parents did everything right, they had their life planned out, but as soon as something 'imperfect' pops out, it turns into a horrible mess. They can't take it which makes a domino effect and ruins everyone's lives. Percy, it's good to plan, but you can't assume it will all go the way you want it to." Iris said. "But that's the thing iris. If you work hard enough for it, it'll happen. Even if something gets in the way, it will end up being perfect because you've planned for those situations." Iris sighed in frustration, the two had very different minds. 

"How can you prepare without actually going through? You've got to fall a couple of times before you learn to walk! Percy, nothing is perfect! Nothing is perfect because 'perfect' doesn't have a definite meaning! You might think your child is perfect, but to other people's mind it's not!" Percy tried to keep his cool. "so you're suggesting we take a break?" Iris scoffed. "I never said that, when Percy did I say that?" He shrugged. "Not sure, but I'm pretty sure you're implying we do!" Iris had tears forming in her eyes, but she expected it. "Perc, you've got to understand that the ministry is going in the wrong direction!" He shook his head. "No iris, Dumbledore is mad. I can save you from many mistakes that I swear will happen." Iris spoke up. "What so mistakes are bad then?" Percy balled his fists, he was going to end it. No more chasing his tail. "Mistakes pull you back from achieving what you want, you might get there eventually but it takes longer!" Iris blinked at him, not believing his words. She came here because she had something to say, but maybe it'd be better not to. Percy faintly regretted his words but he wasn't a man to admit his errors. It only started getting crazier from there.

___________________

Hey Hey Hey, there's a little hint in there 🤐 I mean, oops, I didn't say anything.