Twenty one

Everything is foggy when I wake up, the lights too bright and reflecting off the plain white walls. I wince, noticing I'm no longer in my wolf form, and now dressed in a hospital gown.

I'm fully strapped down to a bed, the only place I'm not is my right arm, what I can see is in a brace. I must have sprained it when I fell...

What really concerns me is the stabbing ache in my torso. It feels as if I'm being stabbed from the inside.

If what Liam said was true, and if I was really pregnant, this pain is really not a good sign.

I could be pregnant with a pup, with Louis' pup. I've always wanted a family, a big family with lots of pups running around everyone. With Louis' genes they'd probably be causing chaos everywhere...

I'm sobbing before I can even stop myself.

I have a splitting headache, the strap across my forehead making it worse. Being unable to move is making everything worse. I just want to go home, to louis, to Niall, to my mum.

The sound of a door opening and foot steps makes my crying stop. I closed my eyes tightly, not wanting to see whoever it is.

"Open you eyes." It's an alphas voice, and the threatening tone makes me follow his command.

A large man stands beside the bed by my head. His hair is black, skin tan. He looks Italian, or something along those lines. I can't really focus on anything other than the large red scar cutting from the left side of his forehead to the opposite cheek, or the deadly look in his eyes.

"No wonder they picked you. Such a beauty, I can just smell the pure wolf genes coming off you..." he says, brushing a stray curls away from my face. My hair feels wild, it covering my face with it not being pushed back. I wince at his touch, his finger tips cold. His words only confuse me.

"Who are you? Where am I?" My voice is croaky, not having been used in a while. "How long have I been here?"

All he does is smirk at me for a while, studying my whole body before meeting my eyes again.

"My name is Marcel, and I'm afraid you're in the hospital. You've been in a coma for two weeks now, everyone is so glad your finally awake."

***

Louis' pov.

I feel as if I'm going crazy. I can feel him. I can tell he's in pain, and it's making me go crazy.

It's been over two weeks and still no sign of Harry. The only clue being the remaining shreds of his clothes. He had obliviously transformed to get away from that wolf and whoever else has taken him.

Harry's family has been staying with us. Anne has been beside herself with worry, Lottie even saying her hysterics almost matched mine. I didn't find that amusing.

My father called off the search party last week, a small one only going out once a day now. We hadn't found anything, and I can feel he's not in the forest. They've taken him somewhere else, somewhere away from me.

All I want is my mate, then I remember he's not even my mate yet, which makes me even more angry.

All I feel is anger.

Anger that I can't find him, anger at whoever has taken his, anger at them that they've hurt him.

I know for a fact they've hurt Harry. I can feel it.

It's as if when I'm away from Harry, the more I can feel what he does. And he's in so much pain. Dad said it's what happens when you've bonded and have started the mating rituals. Its a way to connect when your apart before the actual mating bond.

I miss him so much...

My phone ringing brings me out of my thoughts. I'm sat at the dining table, everyone is quiet as we eat, nobody up for conversation lately.

I frown as I pull the device out of the pocket of my jeans, not recognising the number. A flash of hope that it's Harry makes me accept the call.

I quickly stand up from the table and head towards the hallway when a voice makes me stop in my tracks in the middle of the room.

"Louis?"

It feels as if my breathing stops as I hear him say my name. I pull the phone away from my ear, figuring I imagined it only to see the number still on the line.

"Louis? Are you there? Please tell me your there..." he's getting choked up, I can hear the tears in his voice.

"Is this real?" I ask quietly, still not quite believing it.

"Yes, it's real, lou. It's me. It's Harry."

"Harry?!" I cry out, turning around just as everyone rushes to stand up from the dining table. Des holds Anne back as she starts to cry, asking if it's really Harry. All I can do is nod my head.

"Listen Lou, I just need you to come and get me. I need to you to pick me up before he comes back." Harry's crying on the other side of the call. I immediately tense up.

"Before who comes back?" I ask, anger bubbling inside me. "Is it Zayn? What did he do-"

"Louis, I just need to come pick me up. I can't stay on the phone for long, it's a nurses and she's risking her safety trying to get me out of here."

"Nurse?! Where are you? I'm coming now." I rush down the hallway, swiping my car keys on the way out of the front door. I turn around as I hear foot steps, seeing a concerned Niall behind me.

"I'm at the hospital in the city. Merciland. I'll meet you out the front. Please be quick loui-" Harry's voice cuts off.

I pull the phone away from my ear, seeing the call had ended. My heart is hammering, feeling so relieved now that I've heard his voice.

"Where is he?" Niall asks as we both get in the car.

"Merciland hospital." Is all I reply with, the urge car on and ripping down the driveway onto the road that heads towards the city.

"Why?" Niall sounds concerned, almost on the verge of tears.

"I don't know."