Chapter 7

Chapter 7 - Lunch 

Another day in the same room with nothing but the sound of the brush clanking in the glass jar of water every time Ochako wash off the paint of her brush. Meanwhile, next to her was a boy who is always resting in his arms for the whole club activities time period before lunch time. But even during lunch time, he still stayed there until afternoon classes.

Sometimes when he gets really hungry, he would leave the room to grab lunch and never come back in the room but just stayed in class instead. 

Today, is the same a usual. There were times where some students come in the room when they caused some trouble but it happens rarely since not a lot of people are that much of troublemakers. Nowadays, the school is so busy with the school festival that the outside is just full of footsteps and people talking loud here and there with some screams, basically people just having fun preparing for this event.

As for these two, they got the time for themselves missing out all the fun the others have outside and they got nothing to do but just listen to the cold air-conditioner breeze whirring out of it. 

There were times where they have short conversations, it's not even a conversation at all, it would just be sentences like "Turn off the air-conditioner when you're done." or "What homework did we have today?" and the other would just answer and that's that.

Nothing personal, nothing fun but just formal conversations. But honestly, Ochako didn't feel the slightest awkwardness with him or even annoyed by him. It was really, really strange for her to act this way.

But today, she decided to just ask a simple question where it could possibly lead to a nice conversation.

After the tension of this silent atmosphere, the abrupt question has been asked from the cute brunette.

"Why won't you just join the art club?" 

Izuku didn't seem to show any reaction or any response at all. Ochako just continued her painting, at the same time, glancing at the boy from the corner of her eye. She sighed.

"If you're always here, might as well just join this club. The girls that used to be here quitted a while ago and you won't get to do anything here."

Izuku answered back. "And why can't I just not join any club?" 

"I mean, you should try to join one, it's a one time experience in your life." She replied.

He said, raising his head to face her. "Why would I join this boring one?"

"And is there any club who would ask you to join theirs?"

Izuku got taken aback with what she said and furrowed his eyebrows in embarrassment. He had nothing to say but admit that that was a fact. He rested his head on his hand in defeat by not saying a word back.

Ochako smiled at him, knowing the face of "I guess you're right" face. "So, you joining or not?"

He stayed silent, staring at the nothingness of the wall before answering her with a big sigh. "Whatever, I'm not gonna do anything here, you hear me?"

With those words, Ochako gave off the brightest smile at him, clasping her hands with joy. "Thank you, Midoriya-kun!"

Izuku then felt a spark in his chest when she suddenly said those. Right now, his name that was called by her own voice started replaying in his mind. His eyes were widened with pure shock. This was the first time she has ever called his name properly.

And with a face like that, has his heart raising out of nowhere. 

He sighed with a shaky breath, still unable to maintain his cool a little. "Why would you want me to join?" He asked in a low tone, feeling a bit embarrassed.