Chapter 125: Famine

Hunter's P.O.V.

Almost nighttime.. Must admit, feels a bit lonely when the two went away. But tomorrow, I'll see Edric again. Don't know about Luz though. As it's the appropriate time, I'm only wearing a black tank top, dark grey pajama bottoms and black socks. While glancing out to the window, I give a yawn, but noticing someone out there... Don't know who. An adult female witch with green hair. And forming a circle in the air to raise a vine.

She looks up, spotting me in the window. "Uh- e- excuse me!" She at first stutters, not out of nervousness but seems as if preparing to be louder. But I duck down, feeling anxious. Because what if she's looking for 'The Golden Guard'? I can't risk anyone in this house being punished for me.

Just as I grab my artificial staff, as Rascal hops on my shoulder. But something very badly timed occurs. A message from Edric on the scroll. 

'You up? ( ˘ ³˘)♥' Edric sends with a flirtatious emoji. Am I just overreacting? I don't know. But I have to be careful!

Sneaking out if my room and to the living room, I duck once again. "Is.. something the matter?" Raine's voice from the kitchen. "Raine! Get down!" They immediately duck, wisely listening instead of asking questions as to why must they duck. "Someone's outside. They saw me through my window and called to me. I don't know if they have something to do with Belos." Raine shows themself having an expression of worry as do I.

Then they get up and to the door. This causes a panic to rush through me, so I hide behind the couch, worrying too much of where else would be more of a smart decision to hide. But then I crawl next to the door as it's left a tiny bit open. What are they saying.

"Sorry to bother you you so late. But I'm looking for the Golden Guard. I live in the forest, not too far from here. I was walking by and saw someone in the window. I couldn't be completely sure, but he looked just like him. Hard to tell in this light."

"That's just.. my son. And The Golden Guard most be back in town somewhere, right." Though they preform the sentence without stuttering all over the place, I can hear the nervous tone in their voice. "But please may I check? Just to be safe, of course." I hear footsteps coming my way, accompanied by another pair, walking frantically. Those frantic footsteps must be Raine. 

And without a second thought, I vanish as the staff transports me out of the house and somewhere random in the woods. Couldn't stay there!

(How is it? Spelling?)