Chapter One: Munchkin

Chapter One:
Munchkin

Warning ⚠️: talk of eating disorders

I sighed with a smile on my face putting my last bag in the truck. Good thing Bella was only being one so I could bring three.

"Ana, should you really need that much stuff? You are only going for a year?" Phil my mother's new husband asked me.

"Yes for a year in the rainiest place on earth. I need a bunch of options and thick clothing," I told him huffing. He laughed at her bringing her into a hug.

"Alright, sweetie. Are you ready to go? Your sister is fixing your mom's phone and then we are headed to the airport," he told me and I smiled at him.

"Yes sir. And please take care of my mom," I whispered to him bringing him into a hug. He smiled at me.

"Of course I will Ana. I promise," he told me as he checked the time.

"Oh we have to go," he told me and I nodded getting into the car as he told my mom and twin. When Bella got in a grabbed her hand giving it a squeeze as she sent me a smile.

We were moving to Forks to live with our dad while our mom travels with Phil. He is a minor league baseball player. I was excited to leave I have always loved Forks more than Phoenix. 

I usually go about every six months but I usually stay home. I loved watching the rain and hanging with dad. Bella, not so much she stopped going when we were fourteen. While I was a total Daddy's girl, Bella was a mama girl. 

Getting to the airport I gave mom and Phil a hug goodbye. I got a little teary eye that was the reason I did my actual goodbye last night so I would not cry in the airport.

________

While on the plane I played with the baby beside us while the mother slept looking exhausted. Bella fell asleep reading her book.

When the plane landed the mother thanked me and I smiled at her telling her it was no problem as Bella and I went to find dad.

I saw him with his hands in his pockets and looking around. I smiled big at him dropping my bags and running towards him.

"Dad!" I screamed and he laughed to me with his arms already open.

"Munchkin!" He said when I hugged him. I laughed at that nickname. He always called me that because of my short height.

"I missed you, dad," I whispered savoring the moment. He hugged me tighter when I said that.

"I missed you too Munchkin," he told me, and then we heard a throat clear.

I turned and saw Bella. I smiled softly at her taking the bags that I dropped.

"Sorry," I whispered out and she smiled at me.
"It's fine Ana," she told me turning to dad. They had an awkward hug that I tried to not laugh at. Bella glared at me as dad walked away taking two of my bags.