| twenty four ; the rematch

the shadow in the light

chapter twenty four; the rematch

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

"tenacity is strength in adversity."

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

a/n: we are now entering season two of solo leveling! time flies by quickly ;-; also, hae-in won't be appear to sign up for jin-woo's guild because you have already taken that spot (even though she got rejected)😌✋ also i was high writing this so this chapter isn't that good as the others 👍

"yet again, the ones i seek are not here. the fragments of brilliant light...they're quite elusive, aren't they?"

a hunter collapsed to the floor, his eyes wide as fear completely took over him. what stood before him was no human. it was a monster. it was an old elf with blue skin, long silver hair with a single long strand dangling over the right side of his face, blank white eyes, and round ears. he wore a ragged white cloak with a black collar over a tattered white shirt, ragged black pants, and a pair of black boots.

"w-what are you...?"

the monster paid no attention, instead turning around when it heard someone appearing behind him.

"what brings you here, yogumunt?" the monster asked.

yogumunt was an old man with gray hair, light red eyes, and a blood-red blob symbol on his torso. he wore a tattered blackish-purple hooded cloak, a pale yellow bone-like mask over his mouth, and two metallic horn-like objects extending from his upper back.

"i've come to inform you of the land of the east, monarch of the frost," yogumunt responded.

"if you mean the small strip of land in the east, that is where the shadow monarch resides." the frost monarch turned and looked at him. "i believe you were in charge of that area, were you not?"

"it seems the rulers are planning to set legia free a little south from there. that is where i shall be going," yogumunt said.

"what about the shadow monarch?"

"as long as the architect carries out our agreement, there should be no problem." yogumunt grinned as he continued, "i have one more piece of interesting news for you."

the frost monarch gave yogumunt a look of curiosity, eager to know what yogumunt wanted to tell him.

"it's been confirmed that 'the two greatest fragments of brilliant light' are there."

the frost monarch almost immediately smiled, "how interesting indeed. i'm surprised you came to relay this message to me in person."

"how about it then?"

"if you insist on me letting me have this opportunity, i shall gladly accept," the frost monarch spoke. "more importantly, it seems we were lured here."

"someone like him couldn't possibly possess the powers of one of the fragments."

"i was wondering why he left traces of himself... it seems he is trying to get in our way."

a man now stood in their way, his face covered by the hood of the tattered cloak he was wearing. he looked up, his eyes glowing a bright yellow as he spoke to them.