Chapter 9: The First Transformation

Y/n's POV:
I lay in bed, thoughts running through my head. Fear and worry about tonight, what's going to happen? What if the twins find out? What if I escape the shrieking shack? No Y/n, don't think that. The twins will never find out, it's been six years now and their completely oblivious. I'm thankful that I have my own room, probably so I don't accidentally reveal it to any girls in my year. I can lay in bed completely in my thoughts without being interrupted.

I climbed out of bed to get ready, because I know the twins will be in the common room waiting for me already and probably worrying, especially Fred. I took a quick shower and changed into my robes, I slipped on my shoes and grabbed my bag before rushing out and walking down the steps to the common room. I was met two gingers I call my best friends, both had worried expressions, but Fred looked more worried. Do they know something? I thought to myself.

"Good morning you to!" I said to the pair of them with a warm smile.

"Good morning y/n/n. How are you, you took a long time this morning." George said. Fred just nodded in agreement with his twin.

"Oh I slept in slightly and I took a longer shower." I lied. I've become quite a good liar, well the twins have fallen for them for years.

"Okay. Come on, I'm starving!" Fred exclaimed, clearly falling for my lie and he became back to his usual, giddy self.

The three of us made our way down to the great hall, talking like we usually do. I was trying my best to act fine, when deep down I was not. We sat down at the Gryffindor table, Fred and George piled lots of food onto their plates. Nerves got the better of me, I barely managed to got to eat a slice of toast. This earned a worried look for the twins.

"Are you sure your okay y/n. You've been very off?" Fred asked.

Dam it. Do I tell them? They'll find out eventually. No! I can't tell them. They'll expose me to everyone, like everyone else did. They'll think I'm a monster. I can't tell them. I thought to myself.

"Yeah. I'm just not hungry, I'm still full last night" I lied again.

"Are you sure. We're your best friends, you can tell us anything" George said.

"Positive. Nothing for either of you to worry about" I lied again. "I know I can tell you two anything"

"Okay. If your sure" Fred replied unconvincingly. He must know something. Definitely.

We ate breakfast like everything was fine. The twins tried to make me eat another slice of toast. That was not happening. We went to class, Fred sat next to me in every class we had together. I felt more comforted that he was next to me. It's like I don't have to worry about anything. It's the best feeling knowing that someone can put my nerves at bay. I think it's obvious now that I like him, but I know he doesn't want someone like me, a monster.

                                        ~.~.~.~
It was the last class of the day. Herbology. Professor Sprout is one of the select few teachers that know my secret. She often provides plants for medicine. She welcomed me with a warm smile and a nod, her signal saying that I don't have to do any work if I don't think I'm able to.

I sit at the back alone. George doesn't take herbology but Professor Sprout always sits me alone, at the back. I like it to be honest, I can get away with not doing work. I sit there, nerves bubbling up inside me. At that moment there was a knock at the door, my head shot up to reveal the school healer. Madame Pomfrey.

"Sorry Professor, can I borrow Miss.Lupin please?" She asked.

"Of course." She said.

I stood up and walked down the greenhouse to the door. I noticed Fred looked at me with a worried expression, it's like he's had that look all day, he must know something I thought to myself. I walked out the door to join Madame Pomfrey.