Werewolf Gene

The werewolf gene could be received naturally or artificially. Naturally involves being pushed out of the hoo ha of a pre-existing werewolf. Another is by being bitten by a pre-existing werewolf/a pure blood (a normal wolf and a pure-blood aren't the same). While artificially could be through voodoo or any sort of experiment (ie. injections of substances that are not drugs, don't do drugs kids).

Types of Werewolves

Pure bloods are the most common types found in fanfictions. They are wolves that receive their genes through birth from parents that are pure blood as well. Purebloods- you could probably tell- means individuals that only have werewolf genes while regular werewolves have human/other genes as well. There are no differences between the two types besides the contrast in power. Usually, there is no discrimination between the types but, again, it all depends on the author's wishes.

Packs

Packs are family to werewolves. The pack is often depicted living in a pack house located in/near the forest. Since a pack is equivalent to a huge family the pack would live in one mansion (A/N: I don't know how in the world did they get the money to make that gigantic house, just imagine a house full of your siblings x 10) or they would live in one neighborhood to keep everyone close but werewolves are often able to live independently in society.