Chapter 128: Gorge of Death and Pre-war Preparations

Alberu Crossman.

The man on the other side of the call did not look to be doing well. The man who used to look majestic and spotless was currently leaning back on his chair with his hair in a mess.

"My heart is hurting seeing you like this, your highness."

> Bullshit.

The crown prince was about to say something else before he saw that Cale didn't look too good either and chose not to say it.

Instead, Alberu got down to business.

> We saw the Paerun Kingdom's knights going into Norland.

Paerun, Norland, and Askosan. These were the names of the three kingdoms in the Northern Alliance.

Of the three, Norland was the kingdom to the north of the Forest of Darkness. They would be bordering the Roan Kingdom if the Forest of Darkness did not exist.

> The informant destroyed the video communication device after delivering that information.

The informant sent to Norland was one of the crown prince's Dark Elves.

> The fact that his Elemental has not returned seems to mean he is still alive.

"He will return alive."

Alberu smiled at Cale's response before returning to the topic at hand.

> I am currently working with the Breck Kingdom in order to see if some of the Paerun Knights went over to Askosan as well.

Askosan was the closest kingdom to the Breck Kingdom, with the Gorge of Death between them.

"It seems likely that the Paerun Knights went to Askosan as well."

> Indeed.

The informant's message indicated that there were tens of knights.

The Paerun Kingdom was the northern kingdom of knights. However, even a kingdom with a lot of knights would not normally send tens of knights to another kingdom.

> Something is weird.

That was why Alberu found it to be odd.

> It is still too early to cross through the ocean. What could they be thinking?

There was a reason that the Roan Kingdom and the Breck Kingdom had prepared for the attack in spring.

Although Askosan and Norland were at the bottom tip of the north, they were still further north than the Roan Kingdom in the northeast.

Their shores were still likely to be frozen.
This was especially the case because it was currently early February, one of the coldest times of the year.

'If the knights are moving, the soldiers will soon move as well.'

The Roan Kingdom might have thought that they were just doing some training drills if they did not know about the Northern Alliance's goal.

> It is too early to cross across the ocean. The ice in a portion of the water will melt by mid-February, but that is a waste. They'll need to use a lot of manual labor in order to clear it.

So why move now? Does the Northern Alliance want to start that war that quickly?

Alberu bit down on his lips.

The Northern Alliance's decision was surprising. Sending tens of knights to both kingdoms was easy for the other kingdoms to notice.

The fact that they still chose to do it so openly meant that there was something they were confident about.