Jake

I'm at the diner here in town bussing tables and washing dishes. I was busy cleaning off a table when Chief Swan came in with his friends Billy and Harry. Cora greeted them and led them to the Chief's usual table. Once that table was clean I moved to another one which happened to be next to Chief Swan's. As I was cleaning I was also listening to the three men's conversation because I new my beloved mate is the Chief's daughter so when Billy asked him when Bella was going to be there he said that he was picking her up on Saturday and that she starts school on Monday then Chief asked Billy about that old rusty orange truck he has for sale telling the man that he'd like to buy it for Bella. Once I was done with the tables I took the dishes to the kitchen to wash, but not before asking Cora for a piece of paper and writing down my number on it. I stood at the counter for a good while before gathering up my courage to walk up the Chief Swan. I walked to him and said excuse me sir but I couldn't help but overhear you saying that your daughter is moving here and that she starts school on Monday. Chief Swan replied yes to all my questions before asking me what I needed. Then I replied to him saying oh here this is my number and I would like to befriend her before she starts school so she'll at least know someone when she starts. So if you'd please give it to her and have her call me I'd be glad to hang out with her. At first he seems shocked at my declaration, but quickly recovered and said he would and then asked why I would befriend someone I didn't know and I said I was there once about five months ago sir. I didn't know anyone here and it was really awkward and nerve wracking because everyone has been here all their lives, and know everyone plus the kids in school have already been friends with each other all their lives. I wouldn't have any friends if it wasn't for my sister going to the Cullen's house when we first moved here. I just thought I'd be the Bella Swan welcome wagon and become her first friend. So thank you sir for listening to my reasoning but I have to go wash the dishes and then go home. Nice talking to you sirs I said to the Chief, Billy and Harry before walking away and into the kitchen. I cleared three more tables and wash the dishes all taking about two hours. Once I'm finished with the dishes I take off my apron and order a double bacon cheeseburger with onion rings, a sprite, a chocolate shake, and a slice of buttermilk pie. I dig right in once my food gets here. I'm so focused on eating that I didn't see the three really buff guys that sat down at my table until one of them cleared their throat. Upon hearing this I looked up and realize that I'm sitting with three La Push shifters. The older of the three looks at me then says that they would like to speak with me because something about me bothered one of the tribe elders. I set my burger down and say what would you like to know and how about we give each other our names. Hi I'm Jake Wilbanks and y'all are? Then one by one they told me their names. The older of the three said hi Jake I'm Sam Uley. Then the one who looks like he's constantly pissed off said I'm Paul Lahote, and then the goofy looking of the three said sup I'm Jared Cameron. Then I said it's a pleasure and what do you want to know? Sam then says that we can't talk here and then asked if we could talk at my house cause it's closer to the diner. I just nodded and said yes cause my father would like to speak with y'all anyway and plus it be more private. I told them to wait for me by my 2003 Chevy Suburban and that I'd be out once I paid. I was going to pay my bill but Cora just waved me on telling me that it was a thank you for coming in on my day off to help while she handed me my paycheck.  I told her thank you and made my way to my car getting in I buckled up and drove off to my house I get out and tell them to follow me. Once we're on the porch I opened the door and walked in after letting the shifters in I close the door behind me then I walk to the kitchen while telling my parents that the La Push shifters are here for a conference with us. I turned my attention back to the shifters and to say they were shocked would be an understatement. Sam then proceeded to ask me how I knew what they were, but before I could answer my father answered for me saying that we where fairies and that it's our job to know what is supernaturally out there. The shifters just nod. Then my dad wanted to know why they suddenly wanted an audience with our family? So Sam told my parents that two of their tribe elders met me at the diner and that I'd bothered one and they just needed reassurance that we're not a threat. Then my dad asked me what I did and I said that while I was working Chief Swan, Billy Black, and Harry Clearwater came in while I was bussing tables and started talking about the Chief's daughter and how she was moving here this weekend and I gave Charlie my number to give to her so she could make at least one friend before she starts school, and gets corrupted by Jessica Stanley. Then I turned my attention back to the shifters and said we are of no threat to the towns people or your tribe. I only wish to get to know her as she is my mate, and if that's not a good enough answer I'll gladly do anything to earn y'all's trust. Then Paul asked how many of us there are here in Forks? My mom answered saying that we're the only family in Forks, and we consist of My husband  David, my twins Jake and Cady she's our daughter but she's not here and I am Diane. We are the last of our family line of earthen fae. Sam then asked us where Cady was cause they'd like to meet her too. My dad then said she's at her mate's house and won't be home until Sunday, but if you really want to meet her she's at the Cullen's house. Sam then pulled out his phone and called Dr. Cullen asking for permission to cross the treaty to meet Cady and Emerson. Then he called Billy and explained that Bella is my mate and that we're not a threat to anyone then he thanks us for our time, but before they leave my mom says I made a large pot of beef stew would you three like a bowl before you head out as we would like to know you better if you'd allow us to. Sam replied that would be great thank you. So for the next two hours we all ate and asked each other questions getting to know the each other better. After the pack left I kissed my mom's cheek and patted my dad's shoulder heading up to my bedroom I took a shower and laid down thinking of ways to get Bella Swan's attention.