Chapter 1 - Bookstore

Eliana Pov

"Eliana if you don't wake up right now you're going to be late! Wake up!"

It's six in the morning and Clara is banging on my front door.

I yawn as I get out of bed, dragging my feet as I walk over to the door. I swing it open giving Clara a rude glare.

"Late? How can I be late it is only half six Clara. I swear I'm going to choke you, I seriously am."

"Whatever you say; anyways Linda's bookstore has finally got the book you've been wanting and unless you want it to sell out you better hurry your ass up and get there NOW!"

My eyes widen as I look back at my friend. She's joking? The bookstore I normally go to hasn't had the book in stock, for months on end I've been waiting. Linda, the owner said that eventually it'd be in stock.

After many months,  finally the book is here.

I quickly hop in the shower and gasp as the warm water hits my back. I stand in the shower for a few minutes letting the hot water run down my body.

I decide to wear a simple grey sweatpants and a white crop top.  I wear my black and white airforces, run to the mirror and put on my hair into a lazy bun.

"Ready." I shout

I get into Clara's car and she slowly drives to the book store while blasting a bit of Taylor Swift. I sing along with her watching as she taps the steering wheel with her finger.

When we get to a red light I see Clara taking out her phone with a huge smile on her face.

"You gonna tell me what you're smiling about?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Okay okay...so recently..."

"Go on..." I nudge her

"I've kind of been talking to...Roman." Clara starts driving again, turning the music down a tad bit.

"Roman? As in Roman Paine? You're joking?"

"He's nice." She shrugs "I thought he'd be an ass, because he's friends with that Miles boy but he's sweet."

"As long as he doesn't hurt you." I smile

"He's invited us to a party...and I know you're-"

"Absolutely not going. I'm going to be reading the book."

"Please. We barely go out to parties." Clara begs.

"I don't want to be involved in that whole drinking situation Clara, I really don't."

"Okay, sorry." Pulling into the parking lot of the bookstore. "Talking about that, are you going back home for break?"

"Have to, I need to make sure mum's okay."

Clara nods in response and I smile as I see the bookstore. The hours I've spent in here just reading. It honestly amazes me. Clara and I walk to the store and I accidentally bump into to someone.