21

The next day, An Chang Qing went out with Zhou He Lan and Tie Hu. Xiao Zhige left with them before parting ways at Yong Le lane. When the people saw him on the street, they did not scatter like before. Instead, they stayed and snooped around the Wang Manor's carriage, hoping to catch a glimpse of the good-looking Wangfei and his interactions with Wangye.

Wangfei and Wangye had not been out on the street together for several days, causing a decline in new story scripts for the masses to read. Even San Wei Zhai's plum blossom cakes were not selling well like before.

Unfortunately, Wangfei had stayed in the carriage and only opened up the curtain to wave goodbye to the Northern Warlord.

Rumor has it that Wangfei was like a fairy and catching a few glimpses of him could bless your offspring with beauty!

It was just that the coachman had such a menacing look that it deterred away the lingering eyes of any onlookers.

Under the stares of the people of Yejing, the carriage slowly made its way to the Western Lane.

Unbeknownst to An Chang Qing, due to the spread of those creative scripts, he had been hailed as an immortal descended from above and all over Yejing, people would grab any chance they could to have a look at him.

Arriving at the teahouse, the group was led by a waiter to the second floor. An Chang Qing sat and waited through a cup of tea before Anfu came in with two beggars, one was an old beggar he was familiar with while the other one was a newcomer in his teens.

Just like their previous meeting, An Chang Qing sat behind a screen, only allowing them to make out his silhouette. Without making idle talk, An Chang Qing went straight to the point, "What did you find?"

Previously, the old beggar would relay messages through Anfu. The information he gathered were either which of the Wu Marquis's young masters were taking in a concubine or trivial things like thieving servants. Until a few days prior, he suddenly claimed that he had found something incredible and requested an audience with An Chang Qing to tell him in person. Thus, An Chang Qing made this trip today.

The old beggar bowed and said, "Ah Jiu is the one who discovered this, he should be the one to tell you about it."

An Chang Qing nodded.

The young beggar called Ah Jiu stepped forward, cleared his throat and spoke clearly, "I had been the one keeping watch on the Marquis's manor for several days. Nothing was out of the ordinary except for a few nights ago when Young Master Wu, the person we were told to keep an eye on, sneaked out of the manor. I traced the carriage's prints and found that it had stopped at the gates of a nunnery."

The young beggar changed his tone and continued, "I couldn't find the carriage so I waited outside all night. Only when the sound of roosters crowing was heard that I saw the carriage coming out of the nunnery."

"A nunnery?"

"Yes."

An Chang Qing was in deep thought. There was indeed a nunnery right outside the city but because of its remote location and the fact that majority of Da Ye citizens believed in Taoism, the place was scarce of visitors. This would be the perfect place to hide someone.

"In addition, I've also found something else..." The young beggar bowed low and dared not speak.

"What is it? You can speak," An Chang Qing said gently.

"After my trip to the nunnery that day, I've asked my friend stationed nearby to watch the place. The day before yesterday, he told me about a crazy old woman who went to the nunnery and caused trouble. She was berating a woman, claiming that she was a vixen and had caused her son's death after hooking up with someone from a noble family."