2. Friend

I stepped into the building and headed to the reception. I looked down and saw the receptionist. She had straight black hair and blue eyes.
Her skin was pale and she was on the phone talking to somebody.
I cleared my throat and her eyes made contact with mine. "Hazel Brown?" she asked. I slowly nodded my head.

"Take the elevator to the second floor and the fifth door on your left is your office," said the receptionist. I caught sight of her name tag and it read 'Samantha'. Samantha then took out a clipboard and handed it to me.
"Come here every morning once you arrive there will be a paper given to you with everything that you will be tasked to do everyday," said Samantha. I nodded my head.

I followed her orders and went to my office which was on the second floor, fifth door. As I entered I was met with a desk, desk chair, bookshelf and two grey 1 seater sofas. "Empty but we can make it work," I said to myself as I stepped inside.
I arranged the furniture around in my office and now everything looked neat. Well a bit.

I made a list of what I had to get for my office and it concluded of :

• Curtains
• Air Freshener(s)
• Rug
• Plants
• Table Lamp
• Wall Art
• Cushions

I then looked at the clipboard I was given and surprisingly I didn't have alot to do today. I took out my laptop and wrote emails to the given addresses and headed downstairs to the storage room to count boxes

I was working as a somewhat storage manager for packages since I work at a packaging company and surprisingly, I was enjoying the job. It was easy and fun to do.
I was counting the boxes and as I did I bumped into someone. I looked up and saw a lady. She had tanned skin, brown wavy hair and hazel-green eyes. She was just about my height and my age.

To be honest, she looked very pretty, and compared to my cocoa skin, brown hair and brown eyes, you would think that she's a model. Just that I'm way more curvier then her.
"Oh I'm sorry," said the girl. "No problem," I said with a smile. "Are you new here because I've never seen you here before?" she asked.

"First day," I replied. "No way! I just started a week ago. I'm Chloe," she said as she reached out her hand. "Hazel," I said returning the gesture.
"You look absolutely stunning, and your outfit is fab-u-lous," said Chloe.
She had an energetic personality and I liked that.

"Thank you," I said. "We should totally hang out. I just moved into Italy and-" "Wait- Me too!" I exclaimed. Chloe then squealed. "Now way!" she said. "We're like twinzees," she added.
I smiled.
I was about to say something when, "Ahem," said a voice.

Chloe and I turned to the door and saw a man. He had dark brown hair that was grey at the edges and he was wearing glasses. The man was shorter than me by a couple of inches.
"I hope you ladies are doing your job well," said the old man. "Y-Yes sir. We were just discussing work related topics," said Chloe.

"Good. I don't want any of you to be slacking now. Now get to work," said the old man as he turned around and walked out the storage room. "Who was that?" I asked.
"That was Mr Grey. He's the owner of the company," said Chloe. "Ohhh, shit. So that scary old man is my boss?" I asked.

'He kind of gave me Benson vibes, from Regular Show,'

"Yeah, now I should get going. Those papers aren't going to pack themselves," said Chloe as she picked up a box and smiled. "We should hang out sometime," she then said.
Chloe walked out the storage room and I mentally smiled. I finally made a friend.

I turned back to all the boxes. "Now where was I," I said. I was about to count when I forgot which number I stopped at.

'Here we go again,'