102. have yourself a merry little christmas

TO WAKE UP in the arms of Remus was the best thing that Claudia knew, and that Christmas morning was no exception

The two were practically intertwined, sharing all the warmth that they needed as the snow kept swirling outside the window of the guest room.

"Happy Christmas," Remus whispered, noticing how her eyes had fluttered open for just a second before shutting again as a content smile grew on her face.

"Happy Christmas," Claudia whispered back, her eyes opening, her smile staying the same.

"Did you sleep well?" Remus asked softly, brushing his fingers through her hair from where she was on his chest.

"Yeah," she smiled. "Did you?"

"Mhm," he nodded, looking at the clock on the nightstand. "Maybe we should get up before James barges in and yells at us to come so that he can open presents."

"Five more minutes," Claudia pouted. "Please?"

"Alright," Remus chuckled, picking up her chin with his index finger and leaning down to kiss her.

"Stop right there," Claudia grinned, wrapping her hand around his finger. "You've got bad morning breath."

"I do not," Remus scoffed, leaning down again only for her to move her face to the side.

"You do-"

"Oh, shut up," Remus sighed, grabbing her face and kissing her softly on the lips.

"Alright, maybe I was wrong," Claudia shrugged after the kiss broke, leaning towards his face to kiss him again, only for him to place his finger between their lips this time around.

"You weren't one to talk," he grinned. "If anyone you've got bad morning breath."

"That's not true," Claudia scoffed. "Stop lying."

"I'm not lying," Remus smiled innocently.

"Stop lying," Claudia repeated, smirking slightly. "If you don't surrender I'll attack you with kisses."

"I'm not lying."

"You are too."

"Am not," Remus defended. "I swear to Merlin I am not ly-"

"I warned you," Claudia sighed, and then she started attacking the boy with kisses all over his face.

"Stop!" Remus yelled, a little too happily, as he laughed, unable to hold it in. "Please, Merlin, Claudia stop!"

"No," she replied, continuing with the kisses as the boy continued to laugh loudly, inevitably causing her to do the same as he finally wriggled out of her grip.

"I was only joking," he laughed, wiping his face with the back of his hand. "I lied."

"Good," the girl said plainly, not managing to escape herself as Remus attacked her with tickles.