59

Feng Yue giggled all the way to the room where Noah's mother was waiting for them, because Noah whispered to her about the things that he was going to do when they went back home, and she was grateful because it made her more relaxed. He put her down right in front of the room and fixed her clothes and her hair before he kissed her forehead.

"My mom is a bit… eccentric, so whatever she says to you, remember that I love you, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Capisce?" Noah hoped his mom did not tell Feng Yue about his escapades when he was younger, those were not something that he was proud of.

"Don't worry baby, I know all about your extracurricular activities when you were young, in fact, I know everything about you. So, unless you stashed something unsavory out of my knowledge like, oh, I don't know, a hidden lover or two, I'm good." She grabbed Noah's lower part and gave it a light pressure to emphasize what she's going to do if he dared betray her.

"No lover, no kids, no one else but you." Noah chuckled and opened the door.

"Good."

They entered the room and it was like they stepped into another dimension, where all of their surroundings were dark. There was no trace of a room nor a person around them, and Feng Yue heard Noah groan in frustration.

"Goddamnit, mom, really?" He yelled into the void, but of course there was no reply. Noah sighed and he turned to Feng Yue. "This is my mom's special training field called the Void, where I received my training back then when I was a kid." He sighed. "Of course this should be a kid's playground for you, so…" His words were caught when an arrow came straight toward them. Feng Yue quickly caught the arrow before it hit Noah and examined it.

"Hmm, iron bolt. Looks like your mom planned to test me a bit." She grinned in joy. "Fine, I need some exercise too." She took off her jacket, when another arrow could be heard moving toward them. This time it's three of them. Feng Yue caught two of them and kicked the other one.

"Yeah, I think she wants to test me too. She always does this every time we meet." Noah shrugged off his jacket and cracked his knuckles. "Careful, my mom has a familiar…" but his words did not finish when a barrage of arrows came raining down on them. This time Feng Yue pushed Noah aside and widened her protection barrier to include Noah.

"Really, dude? You're gonna kill me and my fiance?" Noah yelled into the void, and as a response they could hear a chuckle.

"Young Master Qingyu, if you couldn't do this much then all of our training in the past was in vain." The voice spoke in a mocking tone. "And I'm curious as to how this particular young lady was able to catch your heart, surely you don't mind if I play around with her a bit, do you?"

"Noah, it's okay, I need exercise anyway." She chuckled. Ironically, her so-called father also trained her and Feng Xue from a young age in a simulator just like this, before he sent them outside on dangerous missions. It took a toll on newbies, since there was nothing that could be used inside the Void, including your senses. But Feng Yue and Feng Xue had developed a sixth sense and a wider perception field because of that, and she guessed, so did Noah. This was hard, but not impossible back then. Now? It was a piece of cake.

As if to find out if she really could handle the Void, her perception caught something coming from her left side, and she quickly dodged it within a hairwidth. 

It was a very lethal and very sharp wind blade. And she sensed that another one came from her back. So, the person who did this was moving freely in this void. She had a wild guess about who he was, since Noah mentioned a familiar.

"This is your mom's familiar Rule of Territory. Right?" Feng Yue waved at their surroundings. She knew all about those things since she was interested in learning about the existence of demons and gods, and because she did the same when she faced more than twenty enemies. "Just now, the wind blade, I got a few ideas."

"Kamaitachi." Noah answered her. "It's Fujin's power, a Tengu, and my mom's familiar. And it's annoying as hell." Noah was pissed because the Kamaitachi just now was sharper than a blade and could cut them in two. It had been a long time since he practiced dodging those annoying things.

"Do you know about the elements?" Feng Yue smiled as she snapped her fingers. "Wind is weak against fire. And guess who has the power over fire?" 

The black fire appeared in her hands and as she heard the wind blade come, she threw the fire in its direction and slapped her hands together to make a huge black fireball that engulfed all the Kamaitachi at once.

"Tenten." She called Benzaiten, who appeared in her black crow form." Take care of the Tengu. But don't kill him."

Of course Benzaiten knew about Tengu, they're from the same country after all. Although those pesky Tengus were just low level familiar, not worth her time. She snorted and changed back into her human form.

"You can't even take care of a flimsy Tengu?"

"He's Noah's mom's familiar, so I refrained from killing family, you know." Feng Yue smirked. "Don't hurt him too much."

It didn't take long for Tenten to overpower Fujin, and when she did, the Void disappeared. She saw Tenten sitting on top of a grumbled, but handsome looking young man, and she noticed that Xie Lian, Grandpa Mo and Noah's mom–Na'Lan Jian, observed Tenten with interest.

"Is that your familiar?" Na'Lan Jian asked her with interest in her dark almond-shaped eyes. As far as she knew, only witches and shamans who could have a high-level familiar that could shapeshift into a human form. Her familiar, Fujin, was a Wind God as per his name, but this young woman's odd looking familiar could easily overpower him. She wondered what kind of a familiar she was, supposed to be a higher level one since she easily kicked Fujin's ass.

"She's more like my slave rather than a familiar." Feng Yue grinned.

"Hey!" Tenten yelled in protest. "Is that how you repay my kindness?" She stomped on the handsome Tengu, who looked like he was just swept by a typhoon with his hair standing up everywhere and his clothes rumpled beyond saving. But he didn't protest, and Feng Yue thought that she could see some kind of odd familiarity between those two gods.

"Well, you're the one who begged and begged to come with me, remember?" 

Tenten only huffed and after stomping once more on the young man, she changed back into the black crow and disappeared. Feng Yue noticed that Fujin had some kind of mixed feelings on his face, and she's wondering if there's something more to his and Tenten's relationship than meets the eye. Fujin then also turned into a black crow, making her become more suspicious. But she would just ask Tenten about it later, since she could smell a drama between those two from a mile away.

"So, Jianjian, what do you think of my great-great granddaughter? She's awesome right?" Yuwen Mo hugged Feng Yue and Noah together in a bear hug. "And they look so good together."

"I'm impressed, Feng Yue." Na'Lan Jian approached her and pulled her into a hug. "You can control Purgatory Fire with ease, I guess it's your special ability?"

"You may say so, Madam Na'Lan." 

"Aw, what a polite girl, you can call me Mom, or madre, or mother, whichever you like since you're going to be my daughter soon." Na'Lan Jian liked this young woman. She's highly skilled, yet humble enough not to brag about it, and she's very beautiful. Judging by how clingy her son was to her, he must have treasured her so much. Right now, she wanted to quickly get over the fact that she was supposed to tell her son about the secret of his birth a long time ago, she just didn't have the heart to do it. She just thought that maybe they could live the rest of their lives without him knowing about it. But she couldn't be more wrong, especially since Noah was now entangled with that godforsaken cult.

"Qingyu, come, sit. I want to talk to you about something."