- Fifteen

Adisyn Kay Wise

"I need you to send me the venues you guys viewed, like all the data and the prices," Louis says walking into my office with a box of donuts.

"Are those donuts?" He nods "I would like one," He smiles and walks up opening the pink box. I grab a simple sugared donut with a napkin. "Thank you!"

"Are you okay?"

My brows furrow "Yes? Why the question?"

"Yesterday was her wedding," He reminds me hoping I don't feel bad.

"I'm happy for her? I'm okay, I'm happy too! She knows I'm happy," I remind him and take a bite out of the donut with my leg bouncing underneath the desk hoping he leaves soon.

I really didn't want to be reminded that today.

It doesn't affect me that much but it does hurt that she didn't even bother to tell me and I had to find out by some old high school friends.

They texted me saying can't wait to see you! And I was so confused and they said my mother was getting remarried, I'm happy for her so it doesn't affect me that much but it does hurt.

It hurts but it's okay.

I'm okay and she's clearly okay.

I don't even know who she's getting remarried too.

"Hey Addi! Wanna come with me to grab coffee?" Ivy peaks through the door asking if I want to come.

I look at the stack of papers sitting on my desk. "I really should get this finished,"

She looks at the papers "Want me to give you a hand?" I shake my head and dust off the sugar off my fingers. "Do you want any coffee or anything?" I shake my head and seconds after she leaves I feel someone coming in.

"Ezra I promise you I'm—"

"Wrong person," Reed says as he closes the door behind him. "Were you expecting somebody?"

I shake my head and stack the insane amount of papers I have laid across my desk.

"Wrong timing?"

I shake my head again.

"Wrong person—"

"Reed it's fine! What do you need?" I think I may have lost my temper when Louis mentioned my mother. I didn't want to be reminded again.

"There's something wrong, I didn't do anything from what I'm aware of?" I notice one of his brows goes up "Did I do something wrong or did you do something wrong?"

"Yesterday my mother got remarried and I didn't know until an old friend texted me saying why I wasn't there if I was okay."

He gulps. He doesn't know what to say. I don't expect him to know what to say, there's really much nothing to say other than oh I'm sorry. In honesty, I don't need anymore of that.

Yes it hurts, yes it upsets me... But it's not the worst thing ever. I will live, I'm not going to die because my mom didn't invite me to her wedding and it's her wedding not mine. She can invite whoever she wants.

I can still tell he didn't expect me to respond with that.

I didn't expect myself saying that to him today but for some reason I got so fed up with the subject I did. I couldn't stand being constantly told if I was okay because I was okay. I was okay before I was constantly being told that it was okay to not be okay and all these things that I know they say out of comfort but that's the last thing I need right now.