4. Special Guest

It was the end of the week now and I was stressing. I couldn't stop thinking of the incident that happened at the mall.

What happens if he finds me? Will he take Marshall away from me? Will he want to hurt me?

Many questions were pooling in my head. "Momma?"
My gaze snapped back to Marshall. We were in the living room and we were watching Mister Maker.
Marshall was currently trying to make a fish that Mister Maker was making on the TV.

I turned back to the TV and unpaused the show so he could see the next step.
As Mister Maker spoke I heard the doorbell ring. I paused the TV and got up. "I'll be back, just carry on okay?"
Marshall nodded his head and did as told.
I walked to the front door and opened it.

I looked up and saw...him. Our eyes met and immediately tried closing the door but he put his leg inbetween the door. "Uh, uh, uh, princess," said his voice.
It was darker and much more scarier then the last time.

The door was then pushed opened and I stumbled back. "Is that how you greet your guests now?" asked his voice. I looked up and there he was.

Dimitri

He was in black suit pants and his shirt was unbuttoned at the top. Dimitri closed the door and started taking steps towards me and I started taking steps back. Eventually my back met the wall.

Dimitri put his one hand on the wall, pinning me. No, not again. He leaned into me and his face got near mine and I closed my eyes.
"Where is he?" he asked.

I knew he was talking about Marshall but I slowly shook my head.
"I-I don't know who you're talking about," I said not trying to stutter but failed. Dimitri's dark chuckle filled my ears.
Slowly, his free hand made it's way up to my neck where he gripped it tightly.

"You know I don't like liars Hazel,"
His grip on my neck got tighter.

"Where.Is.He."

I kept quiet and then he squeezed my neck tighter. I couldn't breathe at this point. "ANSWER ME HAZEL?!" he shouted. I tried to get his hand off my neck but he was too strong.

I was gasping for air and I opened my eyes. I watched as Dimitri smile at the sight of me being choked to death.

"Momma?" asked a voice.

The grip on my neck released. I immediately fell on my knees and held my neck as I gasped for air. I looked up and saw Marshall. His eyes met mine and I coughed.

I then saw Dimitri walk up to Marshall and go down to his level. "Hey there Hero," said Dimitri. His tone and expressions changed from angry to soft. He was about to ruffle Marshall's hair when Marshall took a huge step back.

"What did you do to Momma?" asked Marshall. I could see the fear in his eyes. Tears were slowly pooling up in them and his breathing was slowly quickening. He was hyperventilating. I slowly forced myself up and made my way to Marshall where I swiftly picked him up and hugged him.

He held tightly onto me and started crying. "It's okay bubs, Momma's okay," I said as I tried to keep myself from coughing. I stroked Marshall's back softly and he started coughing on his tears.

I turned around but was then met with the door slamming.

He was gone.