7

"Good to see you're finally awake, mate."

Oh. My. Goddess.

My eyes go wide like a deer caught in headlights, and I feel my entire body go stiff. The man before me looks more God like than human, well Shifter. He keeps eye contact with me as he slowly approaches. I know I should lower my eyes in respect, but I'm frozen.

"Alpha."

Millie bows her head at the massive man before her, but his eyes never leave my own.

"I'd like a moment with my mate, alone."

She nods her head at his order and walks to the door, looking back at me once more she gives me a quick smile. Then she's gone, leaving me all alone with him.

He is at least 6'4 with the body of a Greek God, and from what I can see it's covered in intricate tattoos. He has the most beautiful piercing green eyes I've ever seen, with a scar going through his left eyebrow. Long hair and a beard I just want to run my hands through and..

Wait, no! I do not want my hands anywhere near him, or his perfect body... Stop, pull yourself together!

Before I know it he is standing beside the bed, towering over my now shivering form. He slowly sits down in the chair next to me, never once breaking our eye contact. He smile at me and for a moment, I think I'm going to pass out.

"Hello mate. I am Zane Black, Alpha of the Shadow Walkers Pack. You however may call me Zane, or whatever you like, but don't call me Alpha."

Shadow Walkers Pack, no wonder his name sounded familiar! They are the #1 pack not only in the US, but the entire friggin' world! He is the Alpha of all Alphas, the most deadly man on this earth.

His pack is known for their 'abilities', but no one outside of their pack really knows the full extent of them. People just call them 'ghosts' you don't see them, not until it's too late.

And he's calling me mate. Fuck my life and you Selene, you really love to hate me don't you?

"Are you okay?"

"What? Oh, yeah. I'm fine."

"Are you sure? You don't seem so fine to me?"

"Positive, but if you'll just let me go, I'd really appreciate it. I need to get to my sister."

I give a small smile and force my body to relax. Which is hard with the way he is watching my every move right now, like I might dissappear. I keep trying to ignore how he's looking at me, and the fact that he keeps calling me mate.

The last thing I need is some 'second chance' asshole in my life. Especially an Alpha like him, who probably has more bed-mates than friends. Besides, I already swore off letting anyone else close to me.

No matter how gorgeous.

"If you say so, and why may I ask do you need to get to your sister?"

"She's in danger."

I don't want to explain why right now. I don't want to at all, but I know I'll probably have to at some point.

"Is she now? Fine, I'll let you check on your sister. First do you mind if I ask you a few questions?"

I shrug, it's not like I have a choice.

"What's your name?"

"Nova."

"Nova?"

"Nova Rain Storms."

"Storms? Any relation to Alpha Blaze Storms?"

"Yes, he's my father."

His eyes go wide at that as he slowly nods his head in understanding. Not many people outside of my fathers pack know about me being his bastard daughter. This will be a good thing though. I can't get close to him, and he won't want me after he find out about this.

"I see, I wasn't aware he had a daughter. How old are you?"

"Yeah I kinda figured, most people outside of his pack don't know. I'm twenty, but I'll be twenty-one at the end of next month."

"So you're older than Max, making you his first born. Am I correct?"

"Yes."

"Then why are you not next in line to be Alpha? Not that it matters now, but I'm still curious."

Not that it matters now? Wtf does that mean?

I finally break our eye contact, looking down I let out a soft sigh. I knew this question was coming, I might as well get it over with now.

Here goes nothing.

"Because I'm a human half-breed. He met my mother at a bar one night. They weren't mates, so he never turned her but they still had a little too much fun apparently. One thing led to another and well, here I am."

I started getting anxious knowing he was watching me. Without lifting my head much, I looked up at him from the corner of my eye. I expected to see disgust or anger at him finding out what I am, instead I saw confusion.

"What does that have to do with you not being next in line?"

"What?"

I hadn't meant to say it out loud, but I probably felt about as confused as he looked right now.

"I mean what does you being half human have anything to do with you not being next in line? You're a Shifter, aren't you? You have his Alpha blood in you, don't you? So why aren't you next in line?"

His eyes had brightened from their beautiful green to a glowing emerald, telling me his emotions are high and he's close to shifting. He closes his eyes and takes a few deep breaths, when he opens them again they're back to normal.

Well then, that's not the reaction I was expecting.

"Because my father, along with his pack doesn't believe a half-breed with an outsider mother is worthy of the Alpha position. Why else? But if you don't mind I'd like to go now, like I said I need to get to my sister."

And just like that, his eyes were glowing again.

"Now that just won't do."

"I'm sorry Alpha, but what won't do?"

calling him Alpha seemed to only make his eyes brighter, but I'm not quiet sure why. He quickly stands and starts pacing the room, looking like he's deep in thought, or trying to calm down. His eyes finally dim back as he locks eyes with me again, he walks back over to the chair and sits once more.

"All of it, mate. First off I won't tell you again not to call me Alpha, it's just Zane to you. And your father having that type of mind set isn't something that sits well with me. Finally, I just found you mate, so why would I let you leave? I told you I would let you check on your sister and I will. I will send someone to get your sister, I've already told my Beta to find out who she is and retrieve her. Besides, I have a few more questions for you. starting with the way I found you in the woods."

Well I'm fucked. And Goddess why does his name have to be so close to Lanes? Thanks Selene.

*****Authors Note- The photo at the top is how I vision Alpha Zane, but feel free to change him into whoever you want to see him as.