»𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 - 23«

“Don't you have anything to say to me?”

●○●

A few days later

After a long exhausting day from work, Fawad opened the door of his room. Entering the room, he saw her sitting on the floor with a laptop in front of her. She was typing something so intensely that she didn't even realize his presence. 

Tomorrow was her first day at work. She was both excited and nervous. Wanting to be perfect on her first day, from the morning Azeen had been reviewing the past deals and other files.

Sitting on the couch, he started loosening his tie while looking around. The whole room was messy. He hated when things got messy but tried not to say anything. Not today at least. He kept looking at her silently while she continued to look at the screen. 

Feeling thirsty, Azeen tried to pick up the glass of water from the nearby table while looking at the laptop. Her whole attention was on the laptop while she kept moving her hand to get hold of the glass of water which was lying a little away from her. She kept trying in vain while he patiently kept on looking at her action. 

After a few seconds, he sighed and then moved the glass of water towards her. Without looking up she got hold of the glass and drank the water. All the time her eyes were fixed on the screen.

Fawad couldn't help but be amused by her. It was the first time he saw her so focused on anything. Not wanting to disturb her, he quietly took out his clothes from the cupboard and then went inside the washroom to get changed.

●○●

"Azeen."
It was almost 9:30 pm when Fawad called Azeen who was now going through some files.

"Hmm!"

"Let's go. Mumma is calling for dinner."

"You go. I'm not hungry."
Without removing her eyes from the file she said.

"Come on! I get that you want to be perfect on your first day but that doesn't mean you'll have to stop eating. After dinner, you can resume your work. Now let's go."

"Fawad, please. I'm really not hungry. You go and have dinner."
At last, looking up from the file she said.

"But-"

"When I will get hungry, I'll eat something, okay?"

"You sure?"

"100%"
Reluctantly nodding, Fawad went away whereas Azeen again got busy with the files.

Once he went downstairs, Mrs. Ahmed asked him.
"Why are you alone? Where's Azeen?"

"She says she's not hungry."
Fawad shrugged while sitting on the chair.