46. Promises and Plots

Genevieve found it very hard to say goodbye to Tom, as they hadn't been parted in over a year, and she had become dependent on his company.
She also wasn't sure what kind of a world she would be coming back to. If Gellert succeeded, the world would no longer be the same, for Muggles would suddenly become aware of magic, which would change everything.
Genevieve's train ride back to London, was rather lonely, as all her friends had remained at Hogwarts.
When she got off the train she found one of Gellert's lackies waiting for her.
After exchanging pleasantries, Genevieve and her companion headed outside where a Portkey had been set up.
The pair of them then took the Portkey, jumping halfway across the world to a new location.

Genevieve was suprised to find that she had not arrived in her home in Bulgaria, but another one of Gellert's safe houses.
This one was in the snowy mountains up north in Finland, and the room they had arrived in was full of people, making Genevieve feel rather awkward.
The person who'd accompanied her, took her belongings and Soot, out of the room, leaving Genevieve with a bunch of powerful people, whom she had only seen a handful of times in her life.
Gellert marched over to her, looking happier than she had ever seen him look before, which she found unnerving.
He embraced her with such emotion, that Genevieve was taken aback.
Gellert left one of his arms around Genevieve, before turning back around to face his followers.
"Now that my beloved niece is here, we can put the final parts of our plan into place" announced Gellert.

"Since when was I your beloved niece? I thought I was the burden you hated getting stuck with?" Whispered Genevieve, so that only Gellert could hear.
He chose to ignore her, and instead continued addressing the room.
"We have lost so many people on this journey. Good friends and loved ones have all died fighting for the cause we all believe in. My own sister Adèle was one of them. Now it is our chance to avenge them, and take our rightful place in this world. The Muggles have ruled over the land for too long. It's time for us for take over and make this world a better place for our descendants. Some of us may not get to see the world that gets built after the battle, but we all must take risks, for the greater good" said Gellert.
"For the greater good" replied everyone in the room, including Genevieve.
She'd heard the phrase so many times that it came out naturally, when in a room full of Gellert's followers.

"We've done all we can for tonight. Tomorrow morning we will finish our preparations, and send word out to every single witch and wizard who believes in our cause. Tomorrow, the revolution begins" instructed Gellert.
The crowd nodded and dispersed, leaving Gellert and Genevieve alone the room.
The second the room was empty, Gellert removed his arm from around Genevieve. Since they were alone, there was no need to keep the happy family pretense up.

"Why am I here?" Asked Genevieve.
"You've watched me prepare for this moment all of your life, so I thought you would want to see the outcome of all these years of planning" answered Gellert.
"I do. But, the way you spoke to your followers just now, it made it sound like you couldn't complete your mission without me, which is why you were glad I had finally arrived" replied Genevieve.
"Well, I certainly don't need you to take over the world. But I would still like you at my side. And just in case you have a vision of the future, I need you here, so that you can tell me about it straight away"
"I knew you had an ulterior motive for summoning me here. You want me to have a vision that will help you win the battle"
"That isn't the only reason you are here. You're an incredibly powerful witch, and I would be a fool to keep you out of this".

"Does this mean you are going to actually let me fight with you?" Questioned Genevieve.
"Yes" revealed Gellert.
Genevieve raised a skeptical eyebrow, "Really? You never let me get involved with the cause before, if you thought it was going to be in any way dangerous".
"Things are different now. You are 18, therefore an accomplished adult, and not a little child" replied Gellert.
"I'm not qualified yet though. I still have a few months before I take my NEWTs" reminded Genevieve.
"That does not matter to me. You know more spells than any recent graduate at Hogwarts does. I'm confident that you will be able to hold your own against a bunch of skill-less aurors"
"I'm pleased that you have so much faith in me".

"Do you have faith in yourself?" Questioned Gellert.
"I don't think I'm the most powerful person in the world, but I believe I'm more accomplished than most people my age" answered Genevieve.
"Good. You cannot hope to succeed, if you don't have faith in yourself. You must believe in your own abilities and believe that you can defeat your opponents" insisted Gellert.
"I don't plan on letting you down... But I have to admit that I was suprised to get your letter. You've been ignoring me since last summer. And I was beginning to wonder if you were even getting my letters".

Gellert sighed, "I did receive your letters, and I did read them all".
"So, you just decided not to bother replying? Did you think I wasn't worth responding to? Or that maybe I didn't deserve answers?" Frowned Genevieve.
"Do we have to do this now? I have a lot of very important things on my mind. Things more important than your parentage" admitted Gellert.
"Tough. Nothing is more important to me than finding out who I really am. Until I know the identity of my father, I will always feel like a part of me is missing. And you knew that when I came back here, I would continue asking you who my father is" replied Genevieve.

"I hoped you had gotten over it, since you stopped sending me letters. And I thought that you wouldn't ask me anymore questions on that matter right now, considering that I am about to take on the entire Ministry" admitted Gellert.
"Well, you thought wrong. You might think I'm being selfish, demanding answers from you, when you are very busy right now. But you are the only one who can give me the answers I seek, which is why I will keep questioning you, until you tell me the truth" informed Genevieve.
"Alright, how about this. Once all this is over, and we have defeated all the Ministry's in Europe and revealed ourselves to the Muggles, I will finally answer all of your questions"
"No, that could take ages. I want to know now".

"I have been planning this for years, it's true. But what happens over the next few days will change the world forever. By the end of the week, I plan on accomplishing all of my goals. So, by the end of this week, you will have your answer. If you follow my instructions and fight at my side, you will get what you want. I will tell you who your father is, and I will even take you to him. But not until I have won the battle and taken control" said Gellert.
"Since I have no other choice, I must agree to your demands. I won't ask you who my father is, until the fight is over" replied Genevieve.

"Good. Now, run along and get something to eat, you must be hungry after spending all day on a train. There should be something to your liking in the dining room" instructed Gellert.
"Will you be joining me?" Questioned Genevieve.
Gellert smiled sadly and shook his head, "No, I have more planning to do by myself. Once you've eaten you can head to the room you used to use when we stayed here in the past".
"O.K. Well, good night Setä"
"Sleep tight Gen, and I will see you in the morning".