twenty one

The red headed yawned as she climbed into her dads truck for the long drive. She still has no clue what it was, she just knew they had to go into town. She hummed along to the music as she stared out the window.

"Oo can we get food when we're in town?"

"Sure, after your present."

"Ugh."

"You're so sassy on your birthday."

"Yeah well Tommy called me at midnight and then said he was busy today so he'd call me later, so I'm just a little pi- upset." Her dad grinned at the almost slip up.

"I think the present will make up for it."

~

She was forced to put a blindfold on so she wouldn't see where they were going, to 'make the surprise better' according to her dad. They pulled to a stop and he helped her out of the car. Noise filled her ears but she couldn't place where she was. Anxiety and eagerness swept through her body, what was her present?

"Alright you can take it off now."

She did as she was told and in front of her was a 6 foot blonde boy, grinning.

"Happy birthday." His British accent stronger in person. She snapped out of her daze and threw herself into his arms, laughing and crying a little.

"I can't believe you're real holy crap." She mumbled into his sweatshirt. She pulled away and slapped his arm, "I can't believe you didn't tell me!" He laughed as they pulled away completely.

"Tommy?!" Max yelled running towards the boy and jumping into his arms. Tommy laughed as he hugged the little boy.

"Hey big man." He set him down and Max stared up at Tommy, eyes wide in wonder.

"You're so tall." Max admired, making the rest laugh. Tommy smiled as he looked back to Rose. She glanced up at him, seeing him already looking at her and her cheeks heated up.

"Breakfast?" Her dad suggested, breaking the two out of the stare.

"Right!" Rose cleared her throat and turned to the car.

"I want Tommy to sit next to me." Max demanded. So Tommy got in the back of the truck with Max after their dad had put his luggage in the bed, and Rose got in the passenger seat.

She would glance back during the drive to see Tommy either grinning at her already, or laughing at Max.

Best birthday present ever if you ask me.