Chapter 66: Bottling It Up

my brothers
d a n i e l

I could tell from the beginning.

There was something going on between Andrew and Alex. They were trying to hide it, but it was too obvious. They barely talked unless it was necessary, and whenever they did, they sounded irritated with each other.

I didn't know what it was about until they started fighting in the middle of the fight with the six guys.

I was busy trying to keep everyone else down so those two can fight it out, but I didn't think it was that serious until Alex held the knife at Andrew's throat.

It was about them, and Sabrina and Cathy. Alex felt like Andrew being with Sabrina was selfish because she was being a bitch to Evanna but he doesn't know, and Andrew felt like Alex had no room to speak about his relationship because he cheated on his girlfriend.

This situation was getting out of hand.

Out of all of my brother's fights, it's the scariest when the twins are against each other. Everything gets too tense.

Evanna was laying on the hospital bed, IV's and wires connecting her to the machines. She was unconscious. The doctors said the back of her head was split open, so she had to get stitches.  

Even now, Andrew and Alex refused to be in the same room.

Alex went off somewhere, and Andrew was watching over Evanna with Brandon and Ethan.

Andrew was busy telling them what happened, Ethan was listening, while Brandon kept rambling about how he was going to go and beat up everyone who was involved.

"But you know, you two look pretty beat," Brandon said, looking Andrew and I up and down. Blood stained our clothes, Andrew's face was bruised and so was mine, except I had way more blood on my fists and face.

"Don't worry, this isn't my blood," I said, mostly as a joke, but Brandon patted my back with a proud smile.

"You really are my brother."

It was hard to lighten up the atmosphere in the room. Then, I had a sudden thought. "Did anyone tell Jayden?"

"No, not yet. I was planning on telling him later," Ethan replied, sighing. "I don't know how Jayden will take the news."

I stared at Evanna's still body. "There's no way Jayden's dating Cathryn willingly."

It had to be some sort of misunderstanding. Jayden and Evanna needs to talk it out. Things will get out of hand if they don't.

I stood up from my chair. "Does anyone know where Alex is?"

Andrew turned away, and Ethan shrugged. "I saw him before coming here but I don't know where he left."

"I'll be back," I said, leaving the room. I looked around the busy hallways, seeing doctors run around with nurses trailing behind. Being a doctor must be pretty difficult...

I walked to the nearest bathroom and opened the door, the sound of running water filling the silence. When I walked in, my eyes widened at the sight of Alex gripping onto his arm, blood everywhere.