Thirteen

He walked into my heart like he always belonged there, took down my walls and lit my soul on fire.
~ T.M.

Track 14; Streets by Doja Cat [ Silhouette Remix ]

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

Hawks was quick to set the ume flowers in a vase on the coffee table, giving Yoshio a side eye before he returned to your side after stepping out the front door. He locked the door and took your hand in his, holding it up above his own to guide you down the staircase as if you were entering a grand ballroom. Once you made it to the bottom it was difficult to stifle the giggles you let out due to your nervousness. His actions were heartwarming and made butterflies go through the Hunger Games in your stomach.

"I can't get over how good you look." He sighed happily, a stupid lopsided grin on his handsome face.

"I'm surprised you can clean up so nicely." You teased him, tugging on the end of his tie. You gave him a small smirk when his face flushed red and watched with a bemused look on your face when he struggled to remove his jacket. Once he'd completed the task of getting it off, he held it out to you by the shoulders expectantly, as if he had to prove to you that your teasing was futile.

Your smirk turned into a small smile when you obliged his silent request. You soon felt the heavy fabric settle over your shoulders after it temporarily encased your wings and turned around to face him once again. The white button-up he was wearing was tailored to him perfectly. It was definitely made of thin cotton material, giving you a perfect view of the pack of muscles contained on his torso. You quickly averted your gaze to prevent drool from slipping from your lips like a feral animal in heat.

Hawks of course noticed the look you gave him and his ego skyrocketed out of this universe and into a parallel dimension. The cockiest grin nearly split his face in half when he threw his arms up and flexed. "You like what you see?"

"Stop!" You shrieked and turned away, covering your face with your hands and unintentionally ruffling your feathers. That simple action sent your hormones into overdrive and you felt like you were going to burst at the seams.

He gave off a boisterous laugh before snatching one of your arms and interlocking it with his, beginning his march down the street. "You're so adorable when you're flustered, babe."

You were so embarrassed that his flex got you so riled up that you wanted to escape his grasp and run back to the safety of your room; but you held out and kicked yourself in the shin in a reminder that this was a once in a lifetime opportunity. It wasn't everyday that a nobody of a bar owner/failed hero was seen on the streets with an up and coming pro who was blasting through the rankings. You felt your anxiety begin to boil in your stomach and flood your legs, making them feel heavy and made of concrete.

"Hawks?" You spoke out loud, unaware of how quiet you were until you said it. He leaned down to hear you better, one of his wings expanding to wrap around your opposite shoulder to give the two of you some more privacy. "What about the media?"

He straightened up with a nonchalant response, swinging your interlocked arm with his. "Don't worry about them, it's about time they understand I'm not up for grabs."

The statement took a second to fully hit you. Was this his sideways way of asking you to be his girlfriend? You furrowed your brow slightly in confusion as your heart skipped a beat. "Was...that you asking me to be your girlfriend?"

He seemed to be off in his own little world before he stopped walking and leaned down slightly so your face was inches from his. "If that doesn't work for you I can find something else."