Forty

I feel like girls who drink whiskey tell good stories.
~ Atticus

Track 41; Wonderland by Natalia Kills

✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧ ✦ ✧

It had been maybe five days since you almost died trying to protect your bar, and thankfully it hadn't been stepped on. Your building had been saved by the distraction you created. You also helped save lives in those crucial moments since you led the giant down a street where no civilians were.

Originally the giant user could only grow to be ten feet tall at max, but there's been a quirk-enhancing drug sifting through the streets like nobody's business. From what you had heard the drug had primarily been distributed from the Yakuza, but soon after it was taken down there were less sightings of the drug.

Of course there were those who tried to imitate it and the failed experiments usually turned into horrible self mutilation, but apparently a few of the original copies had been located and dispersed among criminals. The giant had been one of them.

Thanks to Keigo coming to save your ass, you were able to live to see another day. It also meant that you could finally reopen Treasure Wing.

You were behind the new counter of the bar when the front door slammed against the wall aggressively. It made you jump and you were ready for a fight, knowing that you were the only one in the bar at the moment. To your pleasure it was only Aizawa and Hizashi.

They were fighting about who was going to get through the door first, both halfway in and pressed against each other. Mic opened his mouth and you clapped your hands over your ears, knowing what was about to happen so the blond man could win. He shrieked and you watched Aizawa stumble backwards covering his ears.

"You fucking asshole!" He shouted, watching his friend run up to you and sit down on a stool.

Even though you covered your ears, there was still a ringing sensation left behind so you smacked Hizashi with a damp towel on his shoulder. "That's for deafening me, you dunce."

He gave you an apologetic grin and Aizawa sat down next to him with a nasty side eye.

"Where's your bouncer?" The tired man asked, turning his full attention to you.

"Apparently Hawks is bringing him here." You replied. "He didn't tell me who it was, though."

"How's set up going?" Hizashi asked, resting his chin in the palm of his hand after he propped his elbow on the table.

"Good, actually. I'm almost finished with dishes." You answered, turning back around to dry the shot glasses you had just cleaned. Everything purchased was new, but for your own concerns and the well-being of your customers that would be arriving within the hour you washed and sanitized them. "I open in an hour, how long are you two sticking around?"

"I have the night off." Hizashi said with a grin.

"I have to patrol tonight with Shinsou." Aizawa sighed, casting a glance at the bottle of sake sitting in your glass-front fridge.

"Tell the purple people-eater I said hi, will you?" You filled a glass with cold sake and slid it across the counter towards your mentor.

He responded with a nod and took a sip of his drink, a sudden look of relief crossing his face. "I don't like drinking at other bars."

"It's not the same." Hizashi added with a frown, looking for his own glass of sake. To appease him you gave him one.

Your heart soared in your chest. "I love you guys, too." After your mother had passed, the two of them became frequent fliers at your bar. If they didn't show up together, at least one of them would come to check in on you every night. It was mainly Aizawa since the original Treasure Wing resided in his regular patrol area. Hizashi would stop by as much as possible, but he was assigned to the other side of the city when he was working.