92. Xy

I rang the doorbell, smiling when I heard Sal bark behind the door. It took a moment for a woman to open the door. Upon recognizing me, her eyes widened.

"Y-your majesty!" She exclaimed.

"Um... Hi," I greeted, unsure of how the royals greeted the locals. "You must be Xylok's- and you're bowing down."

She got on one knee and looked at the floor. "How can I help you, your majesty?" she asked.

"Please don't bow down to me," I said, flustered. She stood up. "You're Xylok's aunt, right?"

"Yes," she replied.

"Is he home?" I asked.

She nodded and walked inside, leaving the door ajar for me to watch. "Xy! Come down!" she yelled up the stairs. My eyes widened in shock at her booming voice.

"I'll come in a few!" a faint voice yelled. "I just need to finish this-"

"NOW!" I jumped when Xylok's aunt screamed. She looked at me and smiled. I awkwardly smiled back.

"I can come back some other time, it's fine. He seems busy," I said.

"Oh nonsense, that boy is the laziest dickhead I know," she brushed me off. "Come in, please. Would you like something to eat or drink?"

"Um, no I'm good. Thank you," I said, removing my shoes. I walked further in and crouched down to pet Sal. "Hi there. You look so cute today."

"Why are you screaming? What do you want, Kath?" Xylok cutely whined, coming down the stairs while wearing his shirt. I stood up.

"That would be my fault," I spoke up, gaining his attention. He stopped in his tracks. "Hi."

"Oh. Jungkook," he stated. His aunt walked up to him and harshly slapped the back of his head.

"Is that how you greet a royal?" she asked. "Where's your sense of respect?"

"For you? Down the drain," he replied, earning another smack. I smiled softly at their interaction. He looked at me. "We can talk in my room, or outside. Which do you prefer?"

"Whatever you're comfortable with," I said.

"We can go to my room. Follow me," he said, going up the stairs. I followed him, but was stopped by his aunt at the bottom.

"Don't hurt him, please. He's been through enough," she whispered.

"I'll try," I replied. I couldn't lie by telling her that I wouldn't hurt him, because there was a chance that I would. "I don't want to, but it's a heavy topic."

She nodded and walked away. I climbed the stairs, meeting a confused Xylok at the top. I shook my head to brush him off. He led the way to his room.

"Sorry about the mess," he said, collecting his books and putting them on his study table.

"It's cleaner than mine. I like you room, it's comfy," I said. He motioned me to sit on the bed, and I did. "We need to talk."

"Yes," he said. "Are you in trouble with the royals?"

"No, Taehyung said he wouldn't tell them until after my break. So he'll be telling them tomorrow," I said. "They don't know who you are, or what you look like. I won't tell them either."

"Do you regret it?" he asked.

"No. Never," I said, looking at him. "I just- You were right."

"You haven't rejected them yet," he said in realization. "You said you would."

"Taehyung drops by every day," I replied. "I need twenty-four hours for the process, and the symptoms include looking like death, quite possibly dying as well. I can't do it with Taehyung visiting me every day."

"Jungkook, what do you want to do?" he asked, sighing. "I'm not doing anything with you if you're going to reject them because of me. We barely know each other. If we do get into a relationship in the future, and we break up, you lose me and your mates. I most certainly am not going to come in between your bond with them. I don't do complicated. So what do you want to do?"

"Well, I have been thinking about this. I spoke to Lana as well. I want to go for therapy. I want to have a better mindset when I'm making this choice," I said. "So for now, I just want to get better."

"And the bond grows stronger every day," he said. "Soon enough, you won't be able to reject them. We don't stand a chance."

"Xy-" I started but he cut me off.

"It's fine. It won't hurt for long," he said. "We just met. It's easier."

"I'm sorry... for leading you on, for making you feel like this. For everything," I apologized.

"It's okay, Jungkook," he looked at me with a smile. "It was nice while it lasted."