Namjoon

I can't get over the fact I missed my mate giving birth. I missed it. The most important and most definitely traumatic moment for the both of us and I fucking missed it. It was for a good cause but still. It breaks me deeply to see him holding our daughter. Alone. Alone.
  I'm deeply forever indebted to Mark for helping Hoseok through it but I should have been here.
      I hold both mine close to me and just breathe in their peaceful scent. It brings me much needed relief and comfort. I could have lost them and not even known it. I waited too long to return.
      I'm just closing my eyes into a tireful slumber when the doorbell rings. My eyes snap back open and I peak over to make sure it hasn't woken my mate and baby girl. We have much to talk about but now is not the time. Later.
       Sighing, I slip out of bed and angrily but silently move to the front door, jerking it open to see an annoyingly smug looking Taehyung and Jin behind him seemingly just as irritated as me.
      "What the fuck do you want? Now isn't the time."
       He pushes past me into the living room and plops down on the plump leather sofa as if he owns the damn place, crossing his legs and tapping on his knee. "Now seems the perfect time, however."
      I glare at him as Jin slips inside as well and sits down at the bar, rolling his eyes. "This really could have waited, Tae. Didn't he just get home?"
        I very much appreciate Jin's respect on the situation but my glare remains fixed on the stupid vampire. "Speak then get out."
       Taehyung laughs in his soft musical annoying way that doesn't bode well for me going to bed anytime soon. Sighing, I sit down across from him and wait.
        It doesn't take long. Taehyung is here to gloat. Obviously, he knows. "It seems our high King has allowed one of his kind to participate in a very dangerous and forbidden practice, hm? What of the coming punishments? I would like to participate." His eyes dance with mischief.
       I lean back, crossing my arms. "No punishments."
      "Whhhhat!" He mocks being shocked, fanning himself like an idiot. "But your majesty! Tis' the way!"
        I glance over at Jin and he just shrugs at me, drinking.
      "Stop the theatrics. I'm tired and not in the mood for you."
        Tae immediately stops acting and sits a bit straighter. "Fine. I'll cut to the chase. Make me King." He demands.
      Raising an eyebrow, I scoff.
      "You don't have a choice. This benefits you as well."
     "How would you figure?"
     "Well...you let your subject break one of the most forbidden vampire rules. You have to initiate a punishment otherwise other vampires will assume you will let anything slide. Chaos will ensue. We both know you don't plan on doing anything. You will lose control and risk rebels who may very well try to kill you or your mate." He tilts his head a bit, listening. "Ah, now you're a father as well. Think of your child—the future queen."
       I hate it. I truly hate the fact that he seems logical about this. I thought he would come gloat and blackmail me into something ridiculous but the fact he came baring facts and logic makes it hard to refute. 
       If I'm to be honest....I hate being King. I did it because I had to. I don't want this. It is a dangerous life for my non-vampire mate and child. They will always be at risk.
       I Tsk. " I assume you have no such concerns for your own mate and child?" I nod towards Jin who just looks bored, sipping his drink.
      He gives me a look, sniffing. "I can protect mine much better than you can yours."
      I scoff again. Asshole. "You're a menace, Taehyung. You can't be King."
      "Most great Kings are menacing. You are the odd one." He counters.
       His calm and patient tone pisses me off. "I'm not giving up my title for you. What would you even want to be King for? You already do everything you want and ignore me and my rule. Why does it matter to you?" Suspicious.
       He looks away, considering, for a long moment. I can tell he's choosing his words wisely which puts me more on bullshit radar.
      "You are most definitely correct I do not need King title to rule my own existence and live happily with my mate who I already consider my Queen. However..." he pauses "I'm offer assistance to you. If you allow me to take over your role as King then the rebels will outrage and come for me. They will focus their energies trying to kill me before coming for you. I will not allow them to succeed in killing me. You will have more time with your mate and child."
        I laugh, a little shocked. "Again—what are you wanting out of this? Going to try to use the power of King to banish me or execute me when you feel like it?"
       He smiles a self satisfied smile. "Dearest hyung, I simply want the title to further piss off the ghost of our father. He never would have allowed me any such title. It's a little gift to myself knowing he would be shitting in his dusty grave." He laughs maniacally. "I will help you in return. Tit for tat."
        I frown.
       "You don't even like being King. It's nothing but a chore to you. We both know you'd much rather just peacefully take care of your family and leave the dangers and problems to someone else. I'm offering up an out for you. You must know that what Yoongi did will not stay hidden forever and when vampires learn of your part in it? They will revolt. Deny it!" He pushes.   
       I can't. He's right. As King I really should not have let Yoongi do it but...but how could I say no? I knew the risks and the rules. Taehyung is unfortunately completely right in his assumptions.
       I rub my temples. I want nothing more than to slip back to bed and bask in the warmth of my mate. I do hate this duty. Very much. So many problems lately...
      "Namjoon-ah. I'm not as crazy and unstable as I let myself appear. It's all for show—mostly. Vampires will be more cautious and unsure how to approach me. An unstable King is an unpredictable King and those are much harder to defeat."
       I lick my lips, thinking. "Why would you even want to help me in any way? Haven't you been actively against me forever?"
       He tilts his head, eyeing me. "Maybe I have some grievances and prejudices against you but you are still my blood. I have been helping you, have I not? Am I truly so evil to you that you will not accept further help? Have I not been proving myself worthy to you?" He spits. I can tell he hates it but he's playing along.
        I purse my lips. "And if I make you King? What are are you going to do?"
       "Make me King and none of it is your problem. What more could you want? Anything I do won't affect you." He reassures with a little smile I do not like.
       Jin now glares at his mate. "You're so greedy, Tae."
      The smug vampire simply shrugs. "Nothing wrong with a little ambition mixed with revenge, love."
      I truly do not know what to say. I do know I want to go back to bed, though.
       On cue, the sound of a baby crying upstairs sends me on high alert. I make to get up but the crying stops and I know Hoseok has taken care of it. Sighing, I relax in my seat.
       Tae watches me in sly amusement. I just want to punch the smug bastard. "This will get rid of all your problems. I am also of the royal family, if you would kindly remember. I can be King. It's not so strange. I will take your place and your problems. Why hesitate?"
       "Because it's you and you never do anything selflessly."
       "And you do?!" He retorts. "Are you trying to tell me you are selfless, Hyung? You, as well as me, always have a purpose for everything you do. It's natural. Sure, I have some plans but they are personal to me and will not disturb you or your peace. I'm not going to go on a bloody rampage or anything. This is a good deal for you." He stands up and holds out his hand. Jin is by his side in an instant.
       Their bond still confounds me.
       I'm given one last considering look. "Think about it and let me know. Soon." Then they are gone and I'm alone.    
       Think about it....