Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Warning

*Mature Content*

Wayne drove too fast. His hand was too tight around my thigh. The same hand that caused so much pain to those disgusting men.

He terrified me. He protected me. I don't know what to feel, but I can't decide now.

We pulled into a driveway. Got out. He grabbed my arm in a sort of desperation I have never felt before. He opened the door and slammed it behind us. A loud reverb shook the house.

His grip was so firm on me. Wayne clutched me in his big hands and went in to put his lips on mine. It all happened so fast, I barely had time to push on his chest.

"I- I can't." I turned my face away. Wayne smirked and slid his hands down my arms to hold mine.

"Why? Do you think you won't be able to handle it?" He didn't understand how uncomfortable I was. I removed my hands from his and walked away, entering the living room.

"I don't think I can stay here tonight." I gulped. His face softened.

"Why?" He crossed his arms, but I think it was because he was keeping himself to reach out to me.

"You just attacked those guys!" I raised my voice. "We could've drove away. I would have been fine. But you just-"

"I couldn't run off and know they spoke to you like that." Wayne lowered his voice. I clenched my fists, hoping I won't have to use them.

"Okay." I blinked quickly. "It doesn't change what happened."

His teeth grinded together as I took a small step back. I broke eye contact. Backed up more. I looked to my left to the kitchen counter, where my overnight bag sits. I make my way over there.

"Bethany, I'm really sorry I scared you." Wayne whispered calmly. "Please don't leave."

"Thank you for protecting me." I mumbled. I gathered all of my things and walked around him.

"Bethany, please don't leave me." He begged me. Pleaded. His voice was so strained, like he was choking on his pain.

I glanced over my shoulder and slowly rotated my body in his direction. Wayne's body looked weak. His arms were limp, eyebrows raised and waiting for my response.

"Fine, I won't leave." I gave in. I can't leave him, because I wouldn't want him to leave me on his stage. "But, I'm not in the mood to-"

"That's okay!" He smiled eagerly. He got on his knees in front of me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "It's okay, I just want you to be here."

I took three deep breaths before I tossed my bag to the side and ran my fingers through his hair. He is so beautiful when he wants something. He is so beautiful when he wants me.

"I'm sorry I got mad at you." I said to Wayne.

"I deserve it." His words were muffled by my skirt. "But, it is my job to keep you safe."

"Your job?" I scoffed, making fun of his choice of words.

Wayne shifted so his eyes met mine. He was so innocent and perfect. I could see him begging me with his eyes, don't leave me I need you.

"I will keep you safe."

I leaned down and tilted his head up. I gave him a soft, short kiss on his lips. But, it wasn't enough. It is never enough with him.

Wayne hugged me tighter, keeping eye contact. Resisting him is the hardest thing I have ever done.

So, I stopped trying.