Hehehe

"What the hell?" She asked before she could stop herself.

He looked at her casually. An amused expression played on his wolf face but to Denise, it looked like he was trying to gauge whether or not to eat her.

"What is it?" She added sharply.

He only looked and her and then walked back into the cave. After a sigh, she stood up and followed him in only to be barked right back out.

Denise was just so confused. So what was the point of trying to wake her up. She only frowned slightly and continued to sleep.

A few minutes later...

Rustle rustle rustle, fidget fidget fidget, shuffle shuffle shuffle.

Out of habit, Denise raised her leg and brought it down heavily on the square position of the noise.

THANC! Her leg felt like it had been hit by a hardened rock. Her drowsy eyes shot open in pain and she coiled her leg back protectively. She took it in her hands and rubbed her calf. When she looked around for a boulder, she found a sharp toothed wolf staring at her.

She could only cry. Yes, tears really welled up in her eyes, threatening to pour.

Seeing this, Mr. wolf morphed back into a man and said, "If you're going to cry, find a corner and do it there, burry your head in the ground or something-but do it away," he emphasized, "from my cave." He looked like he could not be bothered.

"Who said I'm going to cry?" she was in denial, the dry lump was already forming in her throat. She suddenly felt like she needed to be coaxed- it was out of habit.

"Psch!" He scoffed, "Suit yourself. A blind beastman can still talk. If you dare pollute my hearing..." he left it hanging and watched her reaction.

He had clearly threatened her, implying that he would gouge out her eyes if she dared to cry. He only needed to hear what she had to say about her people.

She also wanted to kill him, "You're one to talk about disturbing peace when you just bothered mine."

He shrugged, "this is my territory. Naturally, everything in it belongs to me. I can ruin it all as I please but that isn't the same for you. It's not your territory, is it?"

She glared at him through a screen of salty warm waters. "Who knows?" She grumbled.

He bent over and leaned in so close that he was almost a breath away. A smirk played across his face. He held her chin between his thumb and the curve of his index finger. The sharp claw of his thumb pressed hard against her skin.

And for some unknown reason, he licked his lips before a low voice reverberated from his chest, "I'm sure you're well informed."

As if she had undergone some sort of magnetic repulsion she scampered away from him on her butt in a backward movement. When she was a good enough distance away from him, she barked while holding her nose, "God! Stay away! You stink! Don't you have a good sense of smell? Why can't you use it? And didn't I say to just say things if you want to say them, why come so close."

He watched her as she fanned her face to get rid of the smell. He frowned slightly. He folded his hands, "Well then it's too bad that you're going to be smelling like me."

"You're darn right, if you keep spilling all that doggie breath all over me-"

"I peed there!" He announced not willing to listen to the rest of her insults. He pointed where she was sitting.

As soon as she saw where he had pointed, she jumped and screamed loudly. She even forgot about her hurting leg. She ran to the side and looked down at her poor socks- wait, didn't she just put her head there to sleep?

She could only blame herself. She had smelt the suspicious odor more and more as they neared the cave. But her tired brain didn't let her process anything. And the worst part about the human nose was that if one breathed in a terrible smell for too long, their senses would grow numb to it- as in one would start to think the air is clear.

Only when a more concentrated form got to her did she notice the smell. Her tired brain only knew about resting and nothing else. She was doomed to smell like wet dog for God-knew how long.

"I peed there too," he said with a smirk.

She jumped again. She knew that she didn't have a solution and shouldn't waste time screaming but she couldn't help but feel disgusted.

He coughed, "Yeah I definitely took a dunk there as well as pee."

"AHHHH! Are you fucking messing with me?" She asked seriously screaming and jumping for dear life.

"No," he assured happily, "Those crumbling rocks under your feet, yeah, that's my dunk."

"FUCK!" She shouted and kicked one of the crumbling dry rocks, that she recognized as super sized dog dudu, towards him. Of course when she recognized the dog dudu, she was even more frustrated. She screamed, kicked and jumped with more vigor than her previously tired bones could conjure under such short notice.

Mr. wolf just watched the dudu fly past him, in a lazy arc. Then he turned his vicious smile back to his prey. "It's easy for beastmen with a good sense of smell to catch on scents easily. Even herbivores could score much better than you in that department."

He saw her looking at her new position fearfully. His smile got even more vicious, "That's right," he nodded, "I peed there too."

Denise's mind snapped. She screamed to Heaven and back and then ran in a totally random direction. She cursed and cursed. Fuck! Human race- top of the food chain- can't even sniff out dog dudu. What was the purpose of a nose?

She ran past trees and trees like she was being chased. Finally, she paused on top of a thick tree root that looked relatively clean. She heaved, her face was heavily heated and in her chest, it felt like tiny fast arrows were hitting the walls of her lungs.

She looked down at her socks. She really loved those socks. She couldn't let herself imagine how many times she had stepped in dudu and pee and all the decomposing matter on the forest floor. She badly wanted to take them off partly because she didn't want them to suffer anymore. But mostly because she couldn't stand the yak that they could be carrying. Then also she couldn't take them off because she didn't want to directly step on anything disgusting.

She stood on the large root hoping, for the love of God, that it was clean and pee-free.

She really wasn't a fun of dogs. Every time she faced one, she had to bite down her fear and act brave. Because she knew if she started to run, they would run after her and bite her. But sometimes her fear would overcome her.

What she hated most was the smell of unwashed dog especially one that got wet and dried without a good shampoo. The most unnerving thing was the fact that they could carry fleas like water runs along a river bed- naturally.

There was this time when she saw a dog with a fat flea stuck to its tear duct. She felt her skin crawl and her eyes bleed. The dog cried throughout the night and day and didn't allow anyone close to its eye. She could not count the number of nightmares she had about flea infested dogs trying to bite her.
——-

A/N; Also I would love to thank all the beautiful people that keep adding this book to their reading list, you guys don't know how happy you make this Mama. Every time I feel like slacking off on writing, I recall all those that added this to their reading list and a lotus blooms in my heart. And somehow I start to write. Those that take their time to vote are really precious. You take your time to vote on every chapter and I can help but smile. Tysm tysm. So much thank you. I would start mentioning accounts but I don't want people to feel uncomfortable- I can only write some more.

A/N; (present) I started mentioning people so if you're okey with feeling uncomfortable, I'll mention.

Note; friendly reminder, please add this book to your library so that you can get notifications on updates. Or you can tap that star to show your support. Thank you so much. Kisses- muah.