27| Shock

Friends from work

Annoying Kid:
Have fun in Wakanda!

Me:
Thanks kid

Tiny:
Have fun

Scary Woman:
Do great work!

Strange Man:
Have fun

Cat Man:
Make sure you go to the palace
when you get there

Princess:
Yeah
I'd love to see you again!

Bug:
Have fun Lori!

Cyborg:
Have fun

Golden Boy:
Guys what?

Greeny:
Have fun Lori!
You'll do great

Witch:
Go do what you do best!

Speedster:
Have fun!

My Lovely Bird:
I'll be at your door in two

Me:
Thanks guys
Sam are you texting in
the elevator?

My Lovely Bird:
Maybe
Get to the door to find out

I closed my phone and walked over to my door. I opened it do see Sam with a backpack over his shoulders. I crossed my arms and narrowed my eyes.

"What?" My boyfriend asked.

"Oh, nothing." I shrugged and walked back inside to get my suitcase. "You're just being very suspicious. Everyone on your team is."

Sam followed me and took my photograph-gear in his hands. "We're not. Now, come on, I have a plane for you."

"What?" I asked confused.

"Remember when I said I'd buy you plane tickets?" Sam asked me. "Yeah... Stark gave us his private plane."

My eyes widened in shock. What? I get to go to Wakanda in Tony Stark's private jet?

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yes." The man nodded to me. "We get to use his plane."

"That wasn't what I meant." I said. "And 'we'?"

Sam stopped in his tracks. He didn't turn around, but I know he's hiding something from me, and he just spilled something.

"You're coming with me?" I asked. "Who else?"

"No one." He spoke too quickly.

"Liar."

I brushed past him and to the elevator. Sam was on my heels and pressed the button to go to the roof. He learned his lesson with placing a SHIELD plane on the parking lot.

"What's really happening?" I asked.

"Nothing." Sam said, again.

I wasn't buying it. Something was going on, and I want to know what.

The doors opened and we made our way to the roof. The first thing I saw was the huge, white plane. It was quite hard to miss, and it was so weird to have it above my apartment building in Hoboken.

"I don't buy it." I said, eventhough I see the plane.

"Just walk inside." Sam told me, and I did.

"It's just very weird." I went on. "Why would this happen? I mean, it's just a family vacation from some woman named Natalie–"

I stopped when I was inside and saw the Avengers wave at me. "Surprise!" They all yelled.

I let my suitcase go and it rolled inside. One of the wheels wasn't on straight, so it rolls when I let go.

"I knew it." I sneered. "I knew you guys were up to something. Who placed the reservation?"

"Me." Sam spoke up from behind me. "With a name Natasha used once before."

I looked at the redhead. "Why?"

"Because you deserve a break." Bruce explained. "Sam told us how much you worked. We all thought you deserved a vacation."

I sat down on an empty seat. "So, Wakanda is our destination?"

My boyfriend sat down next to me. "T'Challa is already expecting us."